Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain for sale

Reaction score
Hi all,

There's a domain listed for sale on one of these sedo type places. I'm willing to pay a fair price for it.

The seller previously had it listed (as in last 20 days) at a BIN. This has now changed to 'make an offer' - I did not see it when it was at a BIN but all the caches show this.

I've made an offer of this amount it was previously for sale at, but the seller has countered with 5x this price and seems to have no motivation to sell at what I've offered.

I would regard my offer as fair and a good representation of the value of the name.

What would your tactics be in this case? I have no intention of paying any more than say £100 more than was previously advertised for.

I would normally email the seller and question why the sudden increase in price, but I do not have any contact details (Whois Foundation), and the platform does not allow messages.

Per sedo listing, the registrant is from NZ and has high activity in selling names.

Interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
Matt

Sounds more like a post to try and embarrass the seller.

Noticed you've previously known who foz was in posts so how come the amnesia now?

A seller is free to set whatever price they like, it's an open market. Price history is irrelevant and doesn't come into it.

Of course, it's a door that swings both ways - it's not possible to get back offers that were passed over previously any more than it is possible to get back an old price that no longer applies.

Just some of the quirks of this business...

If it IS Foz, I would have attempted to contact him directly. He's a reasonable bloke.

Regarding pricing...

Before xmas I was looking at £1,200 of private medical scans on top of usual Christmas costs, so I was motivated to sell.

Today, I'm in the black, and steady sailing so I'm not motivated to sell, hence my prices go up.

I suspect many are the same.

Thanks Martin, but it's not Foz as far as I am aware.

DomainAngel - a bit too quick to jump to that conclusion.

Skinner - I did consider that as a possibility, thanks.

I was just looking for advice as to how to approach I.e. do I just end negotiations and pick up in a few months time so as to not appear eager.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom