Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi People,

I have had an offer on a domain, I am not going to mention the domain, or the asking price exactly, but I want a little advice.

I don't want to seem desperate for the cash, so don't want to say, yes, I accept on the first offer. But at the same time, I don't want to scare the buyer away by asking for a higher amount.

It's a two word .co.uk, with a low £xxx offer, and I would like another £100-£200 for the domain, but I think the amount offered is fair, around what I have offered my self for similar domains.

I suppose the question is, should I accept, or ask for a little more?

Daniel

One thing I have learnt is that if someone wants a domain name, they want it.

If you want a bit more go for it. Word it in a way that is not 100% firm. If they really can’t afford any more than their offer they will tell you.

If they don’t reply, then they were probably just a timewaster in the first place.

Depends if it's on Sedo or not. If it is then buyers remorse might have kicked in and if you're happy with the offer, I'd just take it to avoid the risk.

I agree with the others - if it's fair, take it. While many people are willing to pay more than their initial offer, IMO the same number may have made the initial offer impulsively and may be almost hoping for a way out (which your counter would give them). Best of luck!

One thing I have learnt is that if someone wants a domain name, they want it.

If you want a bit more go for it. Word it in a way that is not 100% firm. If they really can’t afford any more than their offer they will tell you.

If they don’t reply, then they were probably just a timewaster in the first place.

This. I was in a similar situation and I asked for more..they accepted straight away and I wish I'd asked for even more. Aim to meet somewhere in the middle. If they approached you you're in a much stronger position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom