Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain renting

cav

Reaction score
Thinking of the possibility of renting my domains out but not sure how it all works; notably, how do I give someone control of the domain whilst retaining ownership? Is it all to do with DNS settings which I can change through my hosting company??

Is it best to let someone like Escrow manage it and let them deal with all the technical and legal issues??

Many thanks in advance.

Genuine question.

Do people rent domains? Unless its an absolute cracker like insurance , mortgage or something of that level. I would have thought even then it would need to be on a right to buy arrangement. I wouldn't spend time developing a brand that could disappear in a heartbeat.

The same reason I would not buy a .uk when the seller wants to keep.co.uk of a premium domain. Basically getting someone to establish a brand so you can ransom them for the .co.uk which will naturally attract a lot of traffic if the brand grows.

try undeveloped.com renting option

If it's a real cracker, be careful and read the T&C's of renting on undeveloped. If the renter wants to rent it forever, you have no option to withdraw.

Do people rent? I wouldn't want to spend money branding and building my business on the back of a domain that I have no control over. Seems a bit silly.

Last edited:
I have rented before but always had a right to buy. I feel the risk then swings to the rentee as you could hand back a devalued asset if didn't know what you are doing or got spammy.

Cheers everyone; reading the opinions above, it has clarified things....I will think I abandon the idea.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom