Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainOutbound.com Experience

Reaction score
I just gave DomainOutbound.com a try, and was quite pleased with how things went.

I selected a two-word keyword .co.uk domain and asked for a lead count using the keywords.

DomainOutbound.com got back to me with the lead count, name servers to change my domain to, a dedicated email account for the process, and a control panel that includes detailed stats.

The campaign was sent out. 53% of all emails were opened, 54 people clicked through to the landing page (which is essentially an offer form), and 21 people replied.

I ended up receiving 1 offer through the offer page, and 7 inquiries as to price.

After some negotiation, the domain ended up selling to one of the prospects for £300. I'm pretty sure the domain would not have received a £50 opening bid on DomainLore.co.uk.

Everything was handled very professionally by DomainOutbound.com, I'm happy with the sale, and have already started a second outbound sales campaign.

thanks for all the info - very helpful
did you only try them out with one domain? and how much did it cost?
and how long from booking the order to making the sale?

What was your initial outlay for the leads ? Was the margin gained what you expected or were you originally looking to capitalise for more than Low-mid xxx offers ?

would be interesting to see which domain it was, but I understand if you can not disclose it.

thanks for all the info - very helpful
did you only try them out with one domain? and how much did it cost?
and how long from booking the order to making the sale?

I've only tried out one domain so far, but signed up for a second one, and intend to sign up for more. As for cost, I understand that they will be releasing a new pricing model soon based on feedback they've been getting, so I'll ping them to let them answer that. I ordered the service October 3, and got paid October 11 by the buyer. It probably could have gone faster, but I normally just log in once per day and answer emails; if I had been quicker at responding, I think the process would have gone quicker.

How many leads did you buy?

The stats were:
837 emails sent
456 emails opened
22 emails replied to
57 clicks to the domain
10 unsubscribes
7 bounced emails

What was your initial outlay for the leads ? Was the margin gained what you expected or were you originally looking to capitalise for more than Low-mid xxx offers ?

Generally I don't do outbound on higher end domains, and I wouldn't have expected more than mid £xxx. The particular price is going to depend on the domain, obviously. I found a lot of price resistance above £250 on this particular domain, which is why I went down to £300. I would have had several buyers at £250.

would be interesting to see which domain it was, but I understand if you can not disclose it.

I'd prefer not to disclose it. But as I said, it's a two-word keyword domain. I don't think it would have gotten a £50 opening bid on DomainLore.co.uk. Google Keyword Planner doesn't seem to give much information any more - I can't even get the precise search volume, otherwise I could give some stats.

I was going to try it out, but the site is closed right now.
I tried with an indian company a similar strategy, they searched half manual the leads, at the end it was not very good. Even after send thousands of emails.
Does the service work only for english domains? Would be cool if they support other languages as well.

It probably could have gone faster, but I normally just log in once per day and answer emails; if I had been quicker at responding, I think the process would have gone quicker.

Sometimes it pays to be slow. While momentum is important in sales, lack of urgency is important on price.

Thanks for the extra info anyway, much appreciated.

I was going to try it out, but the site is closed right now.
I tried with an indian company a similar strategy, they searched half manual the leads, at the end it was not very good. Even after send thousands of emails.
Does the service work only for english domains? Would be cool if they support other languages as well.

Just heard back from them - they are changing some things over the weekend, and will be taking new orders on Monday.

I think at this point the emphasis is on the UK market.

@atlas Thanks for the positive write-up. We're happy to confirm that our doors are now open again for business with a revised and significantly reduced pricing model. Just to confirm... the site now caters for the geo-targeting of leads both globally and UK only.

I'm a bit confused about the pricing model @aZooZa .

If I went with the £25 per month package, I have to pay then an extra £60 for each campaign if I'm willing to give you a 10% commission or £120 if I want it commission free?

Am I reading it right?

I'm a bit confused about the pricing model @aZooZa .

If I went with the £25 per month package, I have to pay then an extra £60 for each campaign if I'm willing to give you a 10% commission or £120 if I want it commission free?

Am I reading it right?

Yes Scott, spot on mate. Remember commission is only payable upon succesful sale.

Just a quick heads-up guys and gals - we've been hit with some CDN issues so have had to close the site for a short time. We are dealing with existing orders. Thanks for your patience. I think it's what they call 'teething'? Probably more like the 'law of Sod'.

Just a follow-up to say that we've again put a lot of work into the DomainOutbound site (DO) and back end. Pricing made much simpler and reduced - NO subscription fees and NO commission. Check out the Pricing Page.

We can handle your campaign and send to the leads, or now you can opt to just buy the leads.

Message me for a 20% discount code for all Acorn members. Using the code, you'll only pay £40 for a campaign sent by us, or £24 for the leads only - up to 1,000 leads per domain.

Now, you can also tell us to place a link in your outbound to your choice of landing URL - e.g.:

1) Direct to your existing auction/parked page venue; DomainLore, Sedo, GoDaddy, DomainManage etc. etc. In this case, the domain you are selling has to have the same link in the email we send. Quick example: If you're selling whatever.com/.co.uk, the link in your outbound will be exactly to that domain. No DNS changes necessary.

2) We can create your own lander (DNS change required); fixed price or offers - responses go to your collaborative email youraccount @ domainoutbound.com from where you can forward to your own email.

The keyword search results now shows a random sample of results instead of just a count, to aid you in keyword research. See here: Get Lead Counts - please be sure to click the blue bar which explains search syntax!

Affiliate program coming soon offering 20% commission on all referred sales. Attractive creatives. Please message me if interested.

Thanks!

Dale & Simon at DO

Nice one! Will be looking to use this in the new year.

Keen to use it to drive end-users to an auction but next problem is where to hold the auction?

As much as I like DL, from my POV I don't have confidence directing end-users there, doesn't inspire confidence and hasn't been updated in yonks - and SEDO charge ridiculous commission just for an auction - $59 just to set it up and then 15% of final sale price! Anybody got any other suggestions?

Sadly we have not been successful with domainoutbound, I am sure it works if you sell your names for 250 GBP or lower. but this is not my pricerange. The amount of leads was acceptable, but I believe the clients which pay 4 - 5 figures or more you usually do not reach via whois or contact form. It requires research for the right decission maker in linkedin and other networks.

Sure. I do not want to end up here in a discussion what the value is. And I am sure some Domainer would sell in the 3figure range, but not me.

AdvertisingCampaign.co.uk
Dad.co.uk
Wardrobes.co.uk

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom