Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dot eu - Official launch dates published

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have just published an important update on .eu domains on eudomains.org:

http://www.eudomains.org/?p=17

It is a press release from EURid annoncing the official launch dates for the sunrise periods as well as the date when the registration is open to all.

Inititially, where will EU fall in order? I'm a non believer in the current set up but politics aside I suppose it doesn't matter if you have good keywords but where does it fall? I see the order being, com/.co.uk/net/org - will eu follow after that or after net?

As someone who hated the EU but wouldn't if they changed their ways and agreed not to rule over our country, it annoys the hell out of me to see dot eu domains and eurovision contests etc. but I suppose if the EU did become a state like the USA or an association like the UN, dot eu could still be pivotal in 50 years time but in the short term?

I have a feeling EUcrats are going to really push this to make the net community feel they're european, (which we're obviously not) so it could work in a dot eu resellers favour and the american government is seemingly pushing for an eu anyway so they'll have google on the case as soon as, in terms of searches I suppose.

I think it will be very popular and will be in competition with the .com in few years. European union is composed of 25 states and they will all be attracted by the .eu. Especially because most of the good keywords in .com were taken by the americains in the 90s. It is a new gold mine for europeans...

I can just see TagNames et al tweaking their systems now ready to grab all the best names.

DG

Only if they are an accredited registrar, and even then I think the EUrid's T&C state that they can't register loads of domains for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom