Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UKBackorder Auction (DR72/DA64) schoolnet.co.uk

Reaction score
At ukbackorder
Ends Thursday 21st
Impressive stats and a lot of interest.

schoolnet.co.uk
Majestic Backlinks: 144,164 | Majestic Referring Domains: 7,640
Majestic EDU Backlinks: 2,289 | Majestic EDU Referring Domains: 167 | Majestic GOV Backlinks: 16 | Majestic GOV Domains: 7
Moz DA: 64 | Moz PA: 45 | Ahrefs DR: 72
Previously registered over 25 years ago in 1997
Including links from: wikipedia.org, bbc.co.uk, theguardian.com, cbsnews.com, nytimes.com, harvard.edu, ox.ac.uk, and much more

I bid £1000 on this as a pre-bid.

Tonight at 11pm I got this email :
Hi,

Unfortunately we did not catch the domain schoolnet.co.uk as per your backorder.

Thankyou for using ukbackorder.com

I assume at that point I'm freed from having to use them for anything. The person who caught teh domain was someone we've dealt with before, so I emailed them and start negotiating directly. Then I get an email from UKBA saying its on auction , and im winning

I then contact UKBA and say this auction stinks, cancel my £1000 bid please I'll take my chances with what happens next

Within 3 minutes someone else outbids my non cancelled, but non valid bid, by £10.

Im not sure how ukba feel they can force themselves into the middle of negotiations that were nothing to do with them.

It is probably best to message Rob directly about this as I am sure he can explain the situation. But, I imagine, he had no idea you were trying to negotiate directly, and was doing his best to try to keep his clients happy (i.e. you) by getting the name back over to UKBO, so you still had a chance of acquiring it.

Also, I am sure if you were in the middle of negotiating with George, he would have advised he was planning to send it to auction.

Finally, I imagine it will end up going for a lot more than your £1,000 pre-bid, so it is unlikely that you would have picked it up for that anyway.

PS. @diablo great couple of catches there mate!

I bid £1000 on this as a pre-bid.
Im not sure how ukba feel they can force themselves into the middle of negotiations that were nothing to do with them.

I think it's important to point out that I had a number of messages in my inbox yesterday morning congratulating me on the catch, but at no point did I enter into negotiations over price before sending it to auction.

In your initial email, you asked me if it was going to be auctioned. I replied that yes, it probably would go to auction. You replied again saying you would definitely be interested in bidding if it did.

That was the sum of our negotiations. At no point did you make an offer to buy the name.

Incidentally others did make offers (including a £1,000 offer from a member here via flip), but I didn't enter into negotiations with anyone.

Rob also emailed to congratulate me. I use his catching system at https://hostedchasing.com/.

I told Rob I was listing it on flip and he offered me the opportunity to list the name on ukbackorder's auction site. I appreciated this and accepted the offer. It's actually the first time I've ever auctioned a name on Rob's auction platform.

He had no idea who had already emailed me about the name - just as I had no idea who had backordered the name with him.

I then emailed you to say that it was now up for auction and provided you with the link.

I guess I'll have to respond here.
The domain wasn't caught. George agreed to auction it. The auction was started with all the original bidders who had backordered it not even a day previously as I assumed they'd still want the domain they backordered. As this is clearly going to be a higher price domain it was as usual started with the first or highest bid.
I received no email, and still haven't, from anyone who thought the 'auction stinks'.
Obviously the next bid is only going to be £10 higher because that is all it took to be the high bidder at the moment. That doesn't mean that is the bidders maximum bid. It is also very unlikely that will be the ending price.
So I am sorry you feel this way Marek, assuming you were the high bidder at the time, and I didn't realise that in less than 24 hours you wouldn't want the domain anymore for the bid you had made previously. I have sent you a PM and we can talk further if you wish.
However I take your point and in future if anyone else wants to auction a domain immediately after a catch I will contact all the bidders to confirm they are still interested.

@ukbackorder Maybe if this is something you are going to do more often you could just add a tick box, option when the name is being backordered, to opt into third party auctions. Could be quite time consuming for you otherwise.

I probably won't bother doing it again. I can imagine getting shouted at for both honouring the bids and not honouring the bids :p I just figured the clients would still want the domain.

I probably won't bother doing it again. I can imagine getting shouted at for both honouring the bids and not honouring the bids :p I just figured the clients would still want the domain.

To be honest, I think this reaction might be a one off, I presume most would be happy with the chance of getting the domain they backordered.

Reactions: j13
Sounds like a misunderstanding, Marek. Be nice of you if you could delete your post.

Sounds like a misunderstanding, Marek. Be nice of you if you could delete your post.

No need for anyone to delete any posts. His point was valid and understood.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but who owns the domain now and is for sale anywhere?

What is it with this forum and people insisting on conversations ending or deleting posts that don't concern them :rolleyes:

Sounds like a bit of a misunderstanding, and that the efforts to explain it has been transparent, so it's probably good if the post does stay up :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom