Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

FIFA Wins FIFA.net Cybersquatting Claim

Acorn Newsbot

Reaction score
Soccer’s governing body gets FIFA.net to use along with its FIFA.com domain name. A World Intellectual Property Organization panel has awarded soccer’s (sorry, football) governing body the domain name FIFA.net. Fédération Internationale de Football Association, aka FIFA, filed a cybersquatting complaint against Winsum Wong of China. Wong did not appear to be using the FIFA.net…

Continue reading...

Apparently not responding and having been done in the past for completely unrelated issues will cause you to lose. Wonderful decision. An association full of corruption, corrupt members, and scandals that have also repeatedly ignored questions from government and media has just won that case. I despair sometimes.

This person's history of shocking typosquatting probably didn't help; alongside his failure to answer. Mind you, what type of keyboard makes 'homededot' a squat? More strange things from China...

I hate that all these types of systems take non-response as almost an automatic failure. It's rare that I've seen people who win who don't respond. So basically take out cases against a few people whose domains you want and pray they don't respond. Then it doesn't matter how flimsy the rest of your reasoning is

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom