Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Heart Internet problems AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
it took them 4 days to sort my problem out which was to unlock a .com domain

I was also speaking to my brother this morning as i use his reseller account to host all of my sites and he has had some major problems with them recently. One of which was the fact a clients domain name was not renewed even though he was charged and had an invoice for it. They told him it was a system error that hadnt updated it. Needless to say the client was fuming.

He manages the website of a national furniture company, and is getting sick of the problems creeping into heart and hinted he might well go else where.

A recent pic taken during a break in an intense brainstorming session with all the top technical bods under the host Europe umbrella may answer your questions ?

3365463593_35376558af.jpg

Last edited:
Easier said than done Matt.

What are the biggest challenges you face? What would make it easier?

Genuine question. I'm interested in what other service providers can offer to break down any barriers.

Easier said than done Matt.

.coms and so on would require a year renewal, the .uk's would just need a tag change.

Do HI use cPanel now or do they still use the custom panel they used to? If they use cPanel, then host to host transfers are quite easy and most hosts will offer a service to migrate you (some do this free)

What other issues are there?

Hi only use cPanel on VPS/Dedicated. They still use extend for their reseller platform. So any migrations/transfers are a manual transfer.

We're having to do a few of these due to an increasing number of people coming to us after leaving HI, so are actually working on a tool to automate this as much as possible. cPanel themselves do not have a tool.

For anyone with a serious number of domains it's probably better to keep them with a true registrar? Transferring the domains in will add a year's registration; I understand this can be an expensive transaction if there are a lot to do.

Hi only use cPanel on VPS/Dedicated. They still use extend for their reseller platform. So any migrations/transfers are a manual transfer.

We're having to do a few of these due to an increasing number of people coming to us after leaving HI, so are actually working on a tool to automate this as much as possible. cPanel themselves do not have a tool.

For anyone with a serious number of domains it's probably better to keep them with a true registrar? Transferring the domains in will add a year's registration; I understand this can be an expensive transaction if there are a lot to do.

I've done a few manual transfers from HI to cPanel so I feel your pain over lack of a tool, you're more likely to benefit from the investment in a tool than me if you are getting a number of refugees though as hosting is only a small part of our business.

The cost of another year's registration has got to be well worth the time saved messing about dealing with problems though, but I guess people want lowest cost regardless of the consequences and then hope all is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom