Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hello, Another Newbie arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Just a brief 'Howdo' to introduce myself.

Altough new to AcornDomains I am more of a returnee, after quite a break due to other work committments, and a previous (half-hearted) attempt at Affiliate Marketing.

With more time on my hands now I have retired from full time work, and about 10 Domain Names I retained from previous activity I am now looking to dip my toe in the water again.

Just scanning the forums this past couple of days I can see much has changed - so I have quite some reading and learning to do.

I came across the AcornDomain site last week - and it seemed like a friendly and helpful community - Just the place to get started.

I am very much starting again from scratch so please bear wit m as I ask what may appear to be 'dumb' questions

Best Regads

John

Welcome aboard John, have fun and don't be afraid to ask:)

Best of luck

Whibs

Tradition says you must reveal you best domain and your worst domain:)

Last edited:
The advice I like to give to newbies is not to buy too many domains before attempting to sell some of them. Buying domains is easy, selling them is harder.

Good luck!

Hiya John,

I've asked a few "dumb questions" on here in my first few weeks of exploring all things domain and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of answers provided!

Very friendly (and reassuringly honest) place, enjoy!

Bill

Hello and welcome John. The retirement angle is a very good start-point. Gives you the real resource to be successful in domains _ TIME

Hi John

This is a great place to be if you need to give your domaining business the best start.

Welcome!

Aiden

welcome john.
I'm a returnee myself and agree that much has changed. It's a steep learning curve but we'll get there with a little help from our friends on acorn.
Good luck
Dave. Popupbloke.

Many thanks for the warm welcome and kind wishes, they are much appreciated.

In terms of the 'tradition' of posting best / worst domains, I don't think I know yet.

Looking back at those I have registered:
- a couple are definate 'one-offs' that I bought on impulse, but had ideas for at the time.
- another two were related to societies I was a member of that were looking to develop a web presence. I just happened to be the guy who regsitered them. One society no longer exists and the other has evolved into something a little different. Neither were truly expected to be money making concerns, more a resouce for members who were scattered over wide areas.
- the other half dozen or so are linked in terms of a common brand name with a second word as part of the title, and relate to the travel industry. This was originally my mainstream idea.

I intend to research all the names again - from scratch - to see what the overall position is and proceed from there.

Just to get some experience of the various aspects of the business I am going to 'park' the first two whilst I get my head around other options - and maybe then sell.

Of the second pair I will offer one to the current society with similar name / purpose, as I am no longer involved. The other I will probably let die, as I don't think the interest is there unless the research numbers suggest otherwise.

The travel industry ones are where my main interest still lies, so from a development point of view I will look to build some kind of plan to work on these.

Time was always the great limiting factor previously, and I now have a little more of that available

In addition of course (like many on this forum) I have a pile of ideas for new names / domains and this is also an area I want to understand and become active in. It may in fact better suit my time available as I stil have to juggle other committments and interests.

Thanks again everybody.
I will be dropping other questions etc into the relevant sections as they arise.

Regards

John

Welcome back John!

Good luck with all your domaining plans

All the best,

Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom