Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HP get rights for domain: hpweb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A court has instructed a South Korean man to transfer property rights of the Internet domain name of ``hpweb.com’’ to Hewlett Packard (HP).

full thread here

Good !. Too many times I have gone for some names, like HPweb.com ,lol,
and a Korean person has already taken it.

DG

Wow, he's had that domain for 6 years. I bet he's not HP :???:

newbie said:
Wow, he's had that domain for 6 years. I bet he's not HP :???:
:)

thats bad isn't it? HP isn't their name its Hewlett Packard. I cant really see how a company has a claim to a combination of letters - isn;t this the attraction of the 3 letter domains - they aren;t copyrightable? There are obvious examples though BA and MS. Marks and spencers could go head to head with microsoft for msweb?

charlie said:
:)

thats bad isn't it? HP isn't their name its Hewlett Packard. I cant really see how a company has a claim to a combination of letters - isn;t this the attraction of the 3 letter domains - they aren;t copyrightable? There are obvious examples though BA and MS. Marks and spencers could go head to head with microsoft for msweb?

I agree, it is quite worrying...but I think part of the process of claiming bad faith comes down to what the current owner is actually using the domain for...meaning if he is using the domain to sell electronics, printers or anything else Hewless Packard make then they can easily claim bad faith.

HP really does have a number of meanings though, in Asia it's a common acroynm for 'Hand Phone' which is our mobile phone.

http://www.arbforum.com/domains/decisions/95358.htm

i think this is old news..(udrp decision was made in 2000) Not sure why it's circulating in the press again.. I think it could be an seo strategy of certain news sites...??

I think if you publish news on your site & have javascript showing current dates on the page.. google will index it as "new news" within there news directory & email it to various subscribers of their services... "me being one of them"

In the interest of research.. I will be publishing news on a few of my sites just to see how much extra traffic it generates ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom