Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I've seen it all now !!!

Discussion in 'General Board' started by pendragon, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendragon United Kingdom

pendragon Well-Known Member

Another sedo joker.....

Bid Thread for panicattacks.co.uk:

Date:
    Bidding:
    Offer:

10/30/08 Desired Price: Make Offer

10/30/08 Your Offer: 50 GBP

10/30/08 Seller´s Counter Offer: 500,000 GBP

The other party has made the following comment with this offer:
    I have previously received higher offers.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. rob

rob Founding Member

Registrant is a member on here.... am sure he can 'justify asking price' direct :)

4. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

I CANT BELEIVE IT EITHER !!!!

Who in their right mind would bid £50 for panicattacks and waste everyones time? :sad::rolleyes:

I think that if you dont want silly replies then dont make silly bids!

5. pendragon United Kingdom

we all test the water, admit it !! Am I supposed to negotiate on half a million. I think not. If the counter had been even XXXX, then there would have been room for manoevre. But with a counter like that, its clearly not going to go anywhere. Potential sale gone.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  6. retired_member26

retired_member26 Banned

Many thanks firestars! No need to say anything further in my side.

7. pugyrob United Kingdom

pugyrob Well-Known Member

£50 sort of shows that youre not probably going to ever meet the sellers expectations so 2k,5k,500k is all the same in a counter. Better to go in with a sensible offer imo then you wont get the 500k one back.

8. WaftyCrank United Kingdom

WaftyCrank Active Member

I agree with firestars, when people offer silly low prices on my domains then I just respond with sill counter.
    If people make a reasonable offer that is worthy of the domain (even if it's not end user price) then you'll more than likely get a worthwhile response.

9. mojoco United Kingdom

mojoco Well-Known Member

I'm guilty of responding with a ridiculous counter offer when I get lowballed.

You need your opening offer to be at least 30% of the sellers expectation if you want to be taken seriously.

10. pendragon United Kingdom

In my opinion, when a seller lists a domain with no minimum price and leaves it as 'make an offer', he should accept that all levels of offer are going to come through. It is very easy to set a minimum to stop low offers.

With no guide price, an offer of 50 quid is merely a way of saying what do you want for it and starting negotiation.Half a mill is not negotiation. The fact of the matter is he lost a potential sale.

And for the record, panicdisorders.co.uk was free to reg and the term gets 12000 exact searches per month. So in relative terms this is worth about 200k then!

I wish him good luck with a sale anyway. Its a v. nice name.

And if anyone gets a 50 quid offer on sedo, it might just be me wanting to open negotiation towards a realistic price. Ah well......

11. retired_member26

retired_member26 Banned

Just cool out mate. You made a silly tyrekicker offer and countered it. I have no time to set a minimum price for 100s of names to repel tyrekickers. Countering with an "attitude" is my way of hitting tyrekickers back. Besides I see that you have DB in your friends list. You may find a name regarding "disorders" for a 45GBP (after deducting sedo fee) from him :D

Have a nice day!

12. rob

rob Founding Member

The other issue is often a min bid is the price in some peoples minds...

13. retired_member26

retired_member26 Banned

Exactly, If I set a min bid of, say 1000 GBP, I would not have to sell it for 1000 GBP. However, ethically I would probably sell it for a min set price.

14. mat

mat Well-Known Member

I must say if someone bids £50 on one of my domains I still send them back a normal price, if I want £2k for the domain I will send them say 3k. If they then go to £60 or something stupid I cancel or ignore it.

The second bid is allways going to tell you if they are serious or not.

15. retired_member26

retired_member26 Banned

Mat, I have seen that and done that. The previous offer to one of my domains was £45 then I countered £2,000 then the tyrekicker went back with £46!.

I am sick and tired of tyrekickers who think domain names needs to be sold for peanuts. If you are serious at least make a first bid of xxx.

16. mat

mat Well-Known Member

I always check the whois before making a bid, if its a known domainer such as yourself then I will put in a fair bid, if its an unknown then I will try my luck :)

17. DirDn

DirDn Active Member

I agree 100% if you don't want low-ball offers or want to deter tyrekickers then thats easy, set a minimum offer.
    If you don't have time to set min offers on all your domains then you have to be prepared to deal with low-ball offers
    or just ignore them.

18. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Yeah thats right turkey hes with me so leave him alone, some of us dont run chains of kebab take aways to fall back on :D

Have an even better day :D

19. disruptive

disruptive Well-Known Member

I get fed up with the low offers, so I do exactly what has been originally outlined...I just add a suitable number of 0's onto the end, unless I get something sensible. I don't bother selling any name under £1k, but an offer of say £50, just signals a waste of time. In my experience, nothing has ever come of such low silly offers...so I return in kind.

Anything < £100-200, is a bit of an insult for the time involved, paperwork etc, IMHO!

20. DirDn

DirDn Active Member

but like you said, setting a minimum ,means you only get offers you are prepared to deal with.

I have domains that i value highly and I know in sedo auction they will result in a good price, it may be a domain thats going to go for a couple of k, but if someone sends me a $60 offer Ill send it to auction.

I also have domains that i would prefer to hold as the market is not going to return what i value it at, in witch case I set a large minimum and if someone want to offer over that then we can talk.

So, if you have your domains up with no minimum offer set don't be surprised if you get a low offer, it could be me ;):D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.