Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Membership Update

@Helmuts you come across as very genuine and likeable on your live streams, but I think the reaction to these changes on both sides of the pond could lead to a downturn in engagement on your recent acquisitions.

We've seen the departure of one well known member on Acorn recently, and a well-known member on DNF by all reports.

Perhaps time to revisit your strategy/tiers for memberships and keep a more affordable option for those who want to support the communities alongside advertisers. I've also seen several instances of @Admin being either misunderstood or a possible language barrier, and a bit of a good cop, bad cop dynamic.

Having previously built and sold forums (albeit a long time ago) alienating active/longstanding members of somewhat niche communities is not usually a good way to go.

Cheers,
Greg

Wow, Theo banned from there (joined 2004, with 30,000 posts...) that thread is something else. Dale Hubbard requesting his removal from there and here on Acorn is sad to see. The other threads where I posted how Aaron Clifford would be a big miss on here was deleted, but I would extend that thought to Dale as well.

Text can be read in many ways online, but I would see the DNForum posts as constructive criticism from people with open minds of a new owner - and crucially through the lens of sometimes decades of experience online.

They are not out to get you, and all probably have a soft spot for a community they themselves have contributed many hours/days/weeks of effort and reams and reams of content - and helped create the value and reputation.

I happened to look on DN Forum today before the link was posted above by Greg.

That was the same 6 page thread I viewed earlier, I don't know who Theo is, as I don't view that site, just looked out of interest today, but from reading the posts by Helmuts, it appears Theo was being abusive to Helmut's on Twitter, which appears to be the reason he was banned.

Not sure about others, but if someone is giving me shit, or being aggressive, they'd be gone.

That was the same 6 page thread I viewed earlier, I don't know who Theo is, as I don't view that site, just looked out of interest today, but from reading the posts by Helmuts, it appears Theo was being abusive to Helmut's on Twitter, which appears to be the reason he was banned.

Not sure about others, but if someone is giving me shit, or being aggressive, they'd be gone.

Just nosing on twitter the threads are similar to the forum posts IMHO

Speaking of random twitter nonsense... looking on twitter for the above, it was nice to see a *13 year old* tweet of mine discovered and quote retweeted by Acorn

models.jpeg

https://twitter.com/acorndomains/status/1652636197598928896

Going off the date was that around the same time the two threads on here disappeared where I was posting about the appropriateness of models in 2023 at the UK planned conference? Surely a great coincidence and no one tried to find some dirt and think they did a thing :D

I look forward to Acorn member tweets from the past being highlighted as a regular series !

yes, your 24-hour sale 13 years ago was a great post and interesting look-back in the history :)

--

About some disappeared posts: There were 2 or members who asked their details and posts fully removed from Acorn, and sadly this caused a chain reaction. Felix will correct me if I'm not correct - I think this was the case.

The concern about using the models was correct.. Don't plan anything like that this year. .. only naked men ;) :D

https://twitter.com/acorndomains/status/1652636197598928896

Going off the date was that around the same time the two threads on here disappeared where I was posting about the appropriateness of models in 2023 at the UK planned conference? Surely a great coincidence and no one tried to find some dirt and think they did a thing :D

Interesting that most of the people on that thread are still here. Hopefully, long may it continue.

Might be worth considering switching closed accounts to ‘Retired Member’, so old threads can remain. I think most people would be fine with that, even if/when leaving.

If people wish to be forgotten and all their comments and threads to be deleted > we will comply without much arguing. It is good to have human rights.

.. yes, it can destroy some old conversations, this is on the person who calls for this action.

.. ahh, let us stay positive :) Life's good :)

Wow, Theo banned from there (joined 2004, with 30,000 posts...) that thread is something else. Dale Hubbard requesting his removal from there and here on Acorn is sad to see. The other threads where I posted how Aaron Clifford would be a big miss on here was deleted, but I would extend that thought to Dale as well.

Text can be read in many ways online, but I would see the DNForum posts as constructive criticism from people with open minds of a new owner - and crucially through the lens of sometimes decades of experience online.

They are not out to get you, and all probably have a soft spot for a community they themselves have contributed many hours/days/weeks of effort and reams and reams of content - and helped create the value and reputation.

Quite so, Rob.

Kevin, some of the most adversarial exchanges on DNF were between me and Theo. That was 'back in the day'. Days which will never be experienced again.

Sad to see Dale go from here, I hope he reconsiders.

Thanks Karl. I'll hang around :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom