Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Monitising a geo site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How do you guys do it? Contact local hotels, b&b's or trades, shops etc offering advertising?

Yes, a good way is to find out which businesses are already advertising on other sites and contact them.

You'll probably have more luck and be able to charge more with a targeted site, for example a pure tourism in a geo area, rather than tourism, local news, local businesses and residents as your traffic is more defined.

I'd also try and charge more money per advert and have less advertisers as it cuts down your sales and maintenance costs.

Thanks boxfish.
What I had planned for my site (Rosyth) was pages on:
The history of
The ferrys (to holland)
The golf course
The football team
Accomadation
Eating out
Weather

Is that too much, am I missing anything? It's my first geo and I would like to do it justice and do it right.

Have you thought about approaching local businesses to negotiate special offers or monthly deals or something on their products and services? Could get some window stickers or something printed so they can say they're listed on your site, could drive some nice reasonably targeted traffic.

Thanks Blossom, nice ideas.

At the moment I haven't started any work on the site. I was just looking at various themes for sale on themeforrest to find a suitable one. Then I was planning on adding the content. I have a couple of weeks holiday coming up, and with my daughter now at school it will be free time. So I plan on then driving up to Rosyth and spend the day taking any photos I need.

Any ideas greatly appriated at this early stage.

Starting with local businesses can be a great idea, especially if you have plans on offering advertisements to the right candidates and ventures. You can quickly spread the word about your site, especially if it has directory related to local sightseeing, by offering some trial free advertising packages to the local businesses and then ask them to give links to your site from their homepages or from their printed catalogs. If there are local newspapers, you can also have your ads in them for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom