Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Domain Marketing Service

DomainManage

Acorn Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Acorn Users,

This is just to let you all know that Domain Manage has launched a new service called Domain Marketing Services.

We have 2 options within that service; one for a huge amount of research and leads, and a second option that allows us to make the first point of contact by emailing all those leads on your behalf.

After having been in this business for over 20 years, I am trying to create solutions for problems that domainers may have when trying to find and ultimately sell to end users.

In building Domain Manage the idea was to allow domainers to make sales free of commissions. This has turned out to be very useful and we've got over 10,000 domains listed on our platform.
We decided to take this one step further.

Let's all be honest. We know the holy grail of domain selling is directly to end users. We're attempting to make it easier to reach the right people.

You can access the service here: http://domainmanage.com/domain-marketing/

Hey all,

By chance I found out that this service was going to be launched. I was asked to be a part of the Beta Testing. Now when I say asked, I mean I begged the owner Julian, if I could be involved.

It was quite straight forward, I had to just send him 5 domains - good, bad and ugly and his team were going to execute the searches and then the email.

Now to put all this into context, I've done tiny bits of outbound. It's a ball ache. But I've rarely rarely had an incoming email on one of my domains and I own 2,000.

As a commodity trader by profession, and someone who is proactive by nature, it never sat right with me that other than DomainLore - there wasn't really much proactive selling happening. Of course there are deals that we've all done together between ourselves, but that's not been for the greatest amount of profit - let's be honest.

Anyway, I sent Julian my 5 and to my surprise actually got a couple of offers. Now not really being keen on selling them in the first place - I just wanted to see what the service would accomplish so I could then sit down and REALLY work out which ones I wanted to sell.

Since coming off the beta test, I've paid to use the service for 10 domains. I've attached a picture of all the offers I've had to date and will quickly explain where each one is at.

Only last week, did I start going back to some of these people.

1) OnlineCarLoans.co.uk - that was marketed this morning. And I've already had a £450 offer. I've accepted and am awaiting a response. (I did market this same domain a few weeks ago on DomainLore for no luck).
2) TradingCourse.co.uk - I've actually had 2 offers on this. Written to both, accepting them and just seeing who comes back to me the fastest.
3) SlippedDisc.co.uk - this guy after A LOT of back and forth email cancelled. I decided to call him up and he was on the board of a charity. His response on the phone was 'I've been told our site covers that keyword, so we're no longer interested'. Despite this I still pitched away, but to no avail. No offers since :(
4) ShowerUnit.co.uk - accepted this offer. Guy went totally quiet. Chased and chased - to which he finally came back and said NOT INTERESTED
5) EBI.co.uk - it's a higher price than I would have got on DomainLore that's for sure, and I marketed it WITHOUT EBI.uk - so if all goes well, in addition to the 1k, I may even be able to pull in a few hundred by selling the .uk through DL. I've accepted this offer. they've come back with questions on paypal and transfer. So far it seems the negotiations are going well...we shall see
6) CarHireHeathrow.co.uk - the guy has just vanished. Won't reply to my emails. Total time waster.

In addition - outside of this, I got an incoming email on a domain I marketed for £750 - DefenceBarrister.co.uk - accepted offer, but still no reply.

It's very early days, but a few things are for sure in the fire.

When a domain of mine is marketed it gets more traffic and if I'm lucky enough it gets a descent enough offer. But dealing with end users can be a ball ache. They can be unreliable, oblivious to godaddy or nominet, or paypal - and so there's a lot more walking them through the process. You can't assume anything...

I will keep you updated as deals start to drop (I bloody well hope they do)...

Another interesting thing I wanted to mention is that I followed up on every single domain. After Domain Manage sent me all their data (which is pretty brilliant) - I followed up. In fact most of my offers came during the follow up process. It was advised that I do that and has really worked.

Anyway to summarise - 7 offers in so far. None have closed, but I'm working on that quite aggressively now, so will report back with successful results.

Before you ask - was I tempted to go back and ask for higher prices. Yes, but I'm a bird in the hand kinda guy - not pie in the sky

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 208
I believe it's for everything - they're just UK Based....

Small Update - had a call from one of the above domains - a call! must be keen right...

they rang to say they'll complete the deal tomorrow....

So wish me luck y'all - it may be my first deal using Domain Marketing Services. Will update you tomorrow - promise

Think I'm getting a bit too excited now - new offer in 250 USD for ChicagoPestControlServices.com

Stay tuned

OK NEWS:

My first sale using Domain Marketing just closed.

TradingCourse co uk (& uk)

It was sold to an end user.

Some interesting stats about this domain:

1) Sold price - £225
2) bought for £9 last year (feb '16) - expired domain
3) Carry cost - £4 (had a godaddy coupon)
4) Listed twice on DL (once last year, once this year) - £10
5) Domain Manage: £25
6) Total Costs: £48
6) Profit: £177
7) A few emails went back and forth and the guy went quiet for a couple of days.
8) He already had a nominet account, etc..

Domain Manage sent the first email - to which I did get an offer - but the guy (from a trading company) - never replied, closed or even replied to my 3 voicemails.

However, when I sent the follow up using the data they sent me - a NEW person took the deal.

Really, I'm not sure if 177 is going to impress anyone. But the way I see it is that I turned £48 into 177...400%....not too shabby...

ok not much else to say....proof of payment attached...

Will keep you posted as I close more.....

cheers

vim

Attachments

• IMG_5887.jpg
    IMG_5887.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 162
So far with the potential sales leads you've had, although having an initial offer after DM sent out a mail, how much do you think it comes down to your persistence ? To be honest if i had an offer via DM, which when I replied to that offer and didnt get a response................id probably knock it off as a non-starter. But you've left 3 voice mails, a bunch of emails and finally got a sale with profit of £170, Id consider my time chasing to be the most costly part of the process and mostly the reason why I don't do it.

I'm not knocking the service or anything by the way, its genuine interest as to whether the one off mail is the defining factor of the sale or your desire to make it work. I can see following up on XXXX leads, but still seems alot of leg work for a low xxx sale ? I guess it comes down to how each person values their time ?

I suppose in this case, if DM found a potential buyer that wouldn't have been aware of the domain, and Vim wouldn't have known of them to reach out, then regardless of the time and effort ultimately put in by Vim, DM should be credited with starting the ball rolling; even if it did stall and require Vim's persistence. I know for me personally, my own holding pages and outreach is just as efficient, but for those that don't wish to put that level of effort in, or be burdened with the costs of hosting, and time spent reaching out, this (like offers) makes for a good low cost option. Nice to see positive feedback on the service.

good question....

I'm a closer by nature. So yes, there's some follow up emails and some calls. You know how long that took? 15 minutes. To me a 15 minute investment is well worth it.

All I can do is report back with progress. Happy to stop if people think it's a waste of time.

But what it comes down to is how you treat leads. I'm involved in quite a few online projects and the truth is we treat leads like gold dust. Work them till they either close or tell us to F off.

Domain Manage send you like 100-200 leads per domain. Just because they send an email out and nothing comes out of it, doesn't mean I'm going to waste that data. It just means I'm going to reword an email, and do it again.....

But that's just me....

good question....

All I can do is report back with progress. Happy to stop if people think it's a waste of time.

Not at all, Its great to see success stories, Like I said it was a genuine interest as to whether you felt it was mainly motivated by your desire to sell. I have too mailed Julian about putting some of my domains to the test so it certainly wasnt to "poo poo" the service, or the sales you are making. Just trying to gauge whether it would work for me when I normally try to make 1 or 2 XXXX sales a year rather than a handful of xxx :)

I've sold 4 domains using domainmanage - total value £3k, didnt require much persistence to close the deals.

Might give it a go and see what comes of it. I'll post my results in the thread if i go ahead.

I've ordered 4 of DM's new marketing services.

PensionConsultancy/co/uk - Gold Package
CorporatePrinting/co/uk - Silver Package
ChesterAccountants/co/uk - Silver Package
GayHoneymoon/co/uk - Silver Package

I'll add my feedback to the thread once the orders have completed.

BA BAMMMMM!!!!

Ok fellow domainers - just closed another one AND got paid....

Domain Marketing Services only sent this email out yesterday morning - and ChicagoPestControlServices.com just sold for what equates to £170 (of profit)

Thought I'd spare you the arithmetic this time...

However it's worth noting that I only bought this domain in December 2016 from FastHosts....

Get two of those a day and it's over £120k a year. That's a very nice little earner.

;)

Gold package ordered on ToolRentals .co.uk

Want to try just 1 first to see what I think of the service, regardless of wether it leads to a sale or not.

Just a thought, I'm wondering if you are UK based, why are the prices quoted in dollars, both for paying for your service and for setting BIN prices for domains? Would it not help to have the option to select which currency you wish to use? I've submitted a .co.uk domain, I'd expect it to be marketed in £ if you are contacting users in the UK, will you make that conversion in your outbound emails?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom