Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Domain Parking & Monetization System

Looks great guys, How long is the free trial for ?

Does it automatically remove domains which are expired, change of nameservers or similar ? I'm terrible at keeping sedo updated so I like it when they tell me they've suspended/removed a domain that ive let expire.

Looks good, how is it monetized, your example doesn't show any means of this?

Last edited:
@adamh - you can try for a few months or so to see how it works for you, it's not a problem, I'm interested in feedback at this stage.

@ian-d - you can embed your own contextual adverts or awin/amazon code, 301 it to an affiliate url or just collect email leads, but the emphasis is more on clean domain sales pages rather than out and out domain revenue generated from traditional 'clicks'. In my experience, unless a domain had exceptional traffic + good CTR I never saw that much benefit for a few ££ at best by the end of the year, parking revenue as whole always seems to be dropping. My research shows most 'traditional' parking pages are not conducive to converting an end user sale, thus the emphasis is to make an end user 'sale' with added options if you want to keep domains for other reasons.

Thanks for that, never been one for advertisements on my limited number of holding pages anyway, if the ultimate goal is to sell the domain, having ads may put the prospect buyer off. Nice holding page btw ;)

I have been asked quite a few times:

- you can leave your domains in sedo or other domain parking accounts
- you will still be notified of email offers direct through our system
- changing nameservers does not change ownership of your domains :)

(Thank you for those who are trialing - we have reached our target.)

Last edited:
Very impressed with the back end, clean simple and some nice options.
Well done :cool:

one small thing ive noticed is the favicon, its still showing the Sedo one.

I have two major concerns about moving from SEDO (who I hate) to domainmanage or similar, I'm very surprised these have not been raised on this forum:

1. SEDO is a known brand. People actually go there to search for domains to buy, I know I do. This will be lost. That is, people who have perhaps not identified my exact name won't see its for sale like they may do when searching a globally known domain sales platform. I've been getting a sale a month from SEDO in 2016.

2. SEDO is providing a built in escrow service. There will be no escrow with you and I will have to achieve trust from the buyer as they will have to pay upfront without certainty of getting the domain.

A minor 3rd point would be a make a very small amount of money from SEDOs ads on my parked domains. Do you have a way we can replace this e.g. inserting adsense code?

I have two major concerns about moving from SEDO (who I hate) to domainmanage or similar, I'm very surprised these have not been raised on this forum:

1. SEDO is a known brand. People actually go there to search for domains to buy, I know I do. This will be lost. That is, people who have perhaps not identified my exact name won't see its for sale like they may do when searching a globally known domain sales platform. I've been getting a sale a month from SEDO in 2016.

As far as I am aware you can still leave your domains at sedo (in their ‘marketplace’) - changing nameservers to ns1.domainmange.uk won’t stop offers coming in or other domainers who search via via SEDO. Take the domain webschool.co.uk its still at SEDO: https://sedo.com/search/?keyword=webschool&language=e

..but you have the benefit of bypassing SEDO commission and pain with your own sale page http://www.webschool.co.uk/

The way I see it is that SEDO can still be a compliment to your domain sales strategy. Ypu could decide to have some domains at SEDO, some with DomainManage.

2. SEDO is providing a built in escrow service. There will be no escrow with you and I will have to achieve trust from the buyer as they will have to pay upfront without certainty of getting the domain.

I’ve never had an issue with selling domains via direct contact, then raising an invoice for BACS or PayPal. I can see the value of ESCROW for certain level of sales, but for your average £50 to sub 1k it’s a completely unnecessary complication. I’ve never had a buyer pull out because I said make payment first. If a buyer is not prepared to pay up front (after issue of invoice) then I think seller maybe lacking some credibility in their set-up or negotiation.

A minor 3rd point would be a make a very small amount of money from SEDOs ads on my parked domains. Do you have a way we can replace this e.g. inserting adsense code?

Yes you can embed your own Adsense, AWIN affiliate code, 301 it, PayPal button it – and keep the lot.

Domain Manage does not take a single penny in domain sales commission or ad revenue.

Personally, unless the domain is generating exceptionally consistent CPC then most parking revenue is peanuts and nearly always declines over time anyway. By using SEDO your presenting your domains e.g. www.netuniversity.de (which must be confusing, complicated and dodgy looking process as hell to non-domain types) you could be losing out to B2C end user sales. Of course experienced domain buyers won’t care too much what it looks like! I’m not generally convinced SEDO parking page concept is good for B2C sales anyway. I think a clean sensible looking sales page is the way to go.

A few other observations after years of this industry, I see 2 reoccurring themes:

I gave up catching ages ago but I still see people smashing their catch straight on DL For £50 within a week or a few months – unless their really up against it financially and need that hit, their not giving it enough time to marinade out there and see if some ‘real’ end users come out of the woodwork who would pay more. I feel their now stuck in some kind of B2B domainer reseller loop – there is definitely a wider audience than DL who will pay more for your domains! – with a system like Domain Manage you can load a lead generation page is seconds, taste what’s going on out there, before you decide to toast it in an auction.

Which brings me on to my second point – the general time wasted by domainers in trying to set up a vaguely credible looking sales page/platform is unreal - their whole setup is just a time consuming mess, when they should be spending time acquiring new names or pushing their current portfolio.

Domain Manage requires no technical knowledge to use the system:

- no CPANEL
- no WordPress
- no Plugins
- no Stressful setups!
- No App downloads or installs

Hope that answers everything!

@admin Sedo has facilities for external domain transfer with fees of 3%, where the domain name wasn't sold through their platform.

Can you put a link to that 3% thing.. I couldn't find it.

I'm not sure how Sedo might react if the domain name pending sale was still listed on their platform but resolving elsewhere and one tried to utilize this service, though.
Tis already going on.. for years. If they were that worried would they not just discount names not using sedo nameservers. The 'marketplace' must be the only pull they have.

If the domain is listed with Sedo but sold elsewhere and you try for the 3% escrow, they will refuse and try to charge you the full 15%.

They made a change a while ago where if you now delete a domain from your sedo account it stays in there for some time greyed out, I believe that's to stop people deleting domains sold externally then immediately requesting the escrow.

@admin Sedo has facilities for external domain transfer with fees of 3%, where the domain name wasn't sold through their platform.

I'm not sure how Sedo might react if the domain name pending sale was still listed on their platform but resolving elsewhere and one tried to utilise this service, though.

I don't know why anyone would use this, in this scenario where you are able to operate without SEDO's involvement and you wanted escrow services you can just use Transpact for £3 flat rate... c.f. favorably to 3%

It's here in black and white - 10% to 20% commission

10% Sale of a parked Buy Now domain on the Sedo marketplace
15% Domain sale on the Sedo marketplace
15% of the gross selling price for the sale of a domain at a Buy Now or Make Offer price.
15% of the highest bid if the minimum price is reached and the domain is sold in a Direct Auction.
20% Domain sale through SedoMLS partners

I've sold domains using SEDO and hundreds without it. If you've got a domain someone wants their going to find you - this is not 1999.

That 20% Sedo fee can come as a bit of a shock - When they just State "Sold via MLS Partner" You just have to accept it. I have previously questioned Sedo over this being open to abuse by their sales-team, When I also pointed out one of their MLS partners also had my domains listed at 10% above my sedo listed Price. Their response was Just to de-List all of my domains at Sedo Wonderful Customer Service eh ?? And all I was just pointing-out was Some MLS partners obviously Want 30% (minus the Sedo cut)
I'm NOT accusing Sedo of Complicity. I was just pointing out that the Sedo domain sales are open to all sorts of shenanigans.

Hi Invincible - Looking at the 'Buy-process' on Partner sites, the sales transaction goes through that particular MLS partners own Purchase Process. (so this isn't a re-direct to Sedo etc) I assume the MLS partner then holds the funds pending the Transfer (which is instructed/implemented by email from Sedo) I tried to get a better steer on it from Sedo but they weren't very forthcoming, So I just Initiated a BUY of one of my own domains via 123-Reg without completing the transaction to see how things progressed. It goes all the way through to Secured PAY NOW via their own (123-reg) online payment System. - I'm not trying to Pre-Guess, but that system does seem open to abuse if It's just a case of passing on a preset amount of Funds

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom