20i Domains

Nominet application rejected

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by BetweenRows, Sep 9, 2021.

1. BetweenRows Australia

BetweenRows New Member

Hi all,

I decided to apply for a Nominet membership 2 weeks ago after acquiring several UK domains recently, with a view to getting my own tag. I filled in all the relevant details, sent photos of my ID they requested and patiently waited. After a week I was emailed and asked why I was seeking membership and I explained that I was interested in discounted registrations and renewals and to use my own tag to manage my portfolio as it grows.

Another week passed by and a few minutes ago I received an email stating they regret to inform me "that at this time your application has not been approved by our legal counsel" and that I will be receiving a refund. I have no idea why that would be the case. I am located in Australia but I know that many members are outside the UK. I'm totally baffled as to why they rejected my application. The domains I own are generic, and I can't have broken any rules by just applying!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Pedigree United Kingdom

Pedigree Active Member Acorn Supporter

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should ask them the reasons you weren't approved, without that info you will just be guessing.

4. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

Just ask. They're pretty helpful and you should be able to apply again.

5. webber

webber Active Member

Do let us know what the reason was, and if you are able to apply again.
    Never heard of a rejected membership application

6. Chris Holland

Chris Holland Active Member

[QUOTE="I'm totally baffled as to why they rejected my application. The domains I own are generic, and I can't have broken any rules by just applying![/QUOTE]

Perhaps Reichsführer Wenban-Smith thinks you're related to the notorious Bradley Norrish?