Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Over 1000 trees planted with Ecologi

Reaction score
Brightwork have now planted over 1000 trees with Ecologi, and reduced 23+ tonnes of CO2. We reached this milestone recently after we sold a domain to an end user. Part of the negotiations included planting 250 trees in our forest, something we aim to do with every end user sale.

You can gift more impact and view our forest here, or sign up with Ecologi yourself and this will plant 30 trees in each of our virtual forests.

I'm curious, how have you reduced 23+ tonnes of CO2?

From a simple Google search:

A typical tree can absorb around 21 kilograms of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, however this figure is only achieved when the tree is fully grown - saplings will absorb significantly less than this. Over a lifetime of 100 years, one tree could absorb around a tonne of CO2

So there is potential that in 100 years, the trees Ben has funded/planted could have absorbed ~1,000 tonnes of CO2.

It looks like Ecologi has averaged out the fact the trees are still young and calculated a guestimate of CO2 savings today.

So there is potential that in 100 years, the trees Ben has funded/planted could have absorbed ~1,000 tonnes of CO2.

It looks like Ecologi has averaged out the fact the trees are still young and calculated a guestimate of CO2 savings today.
Thanks, perfect explanation.

Thanks for that explanation, I'm always wary of this type of claim because, as you say, it's a potential not a given. Plus of course this scenario assumes that all of the trees survive and fully mature, which they won't. It's a good move though, so keep on planting, the more the merrier.

Thanks for that explanation, I'm always wary of this type of claim because, as you say, it's a potential not a given. Plus of course this scenario assumes that all of the trees survive and fully mature, which they won't. It's a good move though, so keep on planting, the more the merrier.

C84D8C4D-1E15-4B17-BE91-2F835AE8C3F2.jpeg

Thanks Ben.

With CO2 absorption rates dropping off significantly during the winter months, to max it out we probably need to be planting as many trees as possible in the southern hemisphere; but I guess the problem there is a shortage of land!

Thanks Ben.

With CO2 absorption rates dropping off significantly during the winter months, to max it out we probably need to be planting as many trees as possible in the southern hemisphere; but I guess the problem there is a shortage of land!

I know that Ecologi do fund some projects in Kenya, at least. But not sure about anywhere else that far South. The lack of land isn't generally an issue, because a lot of projects funded seem to be planting mangroves. I did some research a while back on why this was, and apparently mangroves are 3-4 times better than land-dwelling trees at sequestering CO2 (source).

Also, a lot of people seem to think that cutting trees down and deforestation is only bad because the trees no longer exist and can't absorb anymore carbon, but the problem is that the carbon that is stored in said trees is actually being released into the atmosphere. Especially when they burn them etc. there's also the issue of warming the planets surface up because the tree canopy no longer protects the Earth from the sun.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom