Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PAB changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First change is on the nom-announce email:

Please note that in December 2006, the PAB's name changed from Policy
Advisory Board to Policy Advisory Body, in order to avoid confusion with
Nominet's Board of Directors.

Which is fair enough......

Then on the agenda and papers for the next PAB meeting in Jan:

Next Meeting

There is a paper by Hazel Pegg on the "Composition of the PAB":

http://www.nominet.org.uk/digitalAssets/10714_070102_PAB_Composition.pdf

Interesting suggestions:

I suggest a reduction in the number of the PAB to 12.

I'd suggest that the PAB consist of 3 elected members and 9 appointed members.

I'd suggest some kind of electoral college system of election where the three elected members would come one each from small, medium and large tagholders.

So.....

9 appointed members would see the current 2 board members and the 7 Representatives of Appointed Organisations back on the PAB:

Policy Advisory Body

While the number of Elected Members members gets cut down to 3? Also making it much much harder to get on the PAB than it is now?

I feel this will lead to Nominet members not having a voice at the PAB table and will make it easier for the board to agree with the PAB.

Example: DRS response Eric Ramage (wrote the DRS) v James Conaghan (other issues) which will go to the board that includes ***** Taylor (wrote the DRS).

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-disputes/13363-pab-sub-committee-feedback-review-drs.html

At this point I would like to propose a change:

You can't be on the PAB or a non-executive board member for more than 4 years (2 terms) :D

P.S. we are still waiting for the Code of Conduct paper.

From Jan PAB Report:

Code of Conduct

The PAB resolved to recommend a change to the PAB rules such that removal of a PAB member can be effected by 75% of all PAB members

Composition of the PAB

The PAB decided to hold the 2007 PAB election under the current rules and to arrange a separate meeting at which the various issues around the composition of the PAB could be discussed in more detail, and this will be held before the next PAB meeting so that the results of that discussion can be brought to the March PAB meeting.

PAB election

***** confirmed that due to Richard Martin's resignation there were now four vacancies, and it was agreed that all four would be filled in this election.

http://www.nic.uk/digitalAssets/11741_Jan_2007_PAB_report.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom