Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PastaHut.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I note that Pizza Hut have temporarily rebranded some stores to Pasta Hut (see here).

And I also note that on DomainPrices.co.uk there is pastahut.co.uk listed as sold for £4.5k in September.

A superb deal for the former owner - dunno if it was anyone on here or not. If it was you, nice one :p

It's not temporary. It was a while back in America. But now it's a full UK re-brand that is taking place. Spending 7mil on the re-brand I think (don't remember the exact figure).

So, good name, copyright issues aplenty, but nice. ;)

Heh, seems that they are giving the public the illusion of having some control...

Pasta Hut

And the public no like it.

Give it a few months and no one will care and will still call it pizza hut (like opal fruits... I mean, starburst). :)

Heh, seems that they are giving the public the illusion of having some control...

Pasta Hut

And the public no like it.

Give it a few months and no one will care and will still call it pizza hut (like opal fruits... I mean, starburst). :)

I think you find that its all just been some marketing stunt.

There is no way on this planet that pizza hut is going to totally rebrand.

Man, all you can eat pasta hut will be well hard. BRING BACK THE PIZZA :cool:

Seems a stunt to me, free publicity. Then thre will be a campaign to bring it back, will last a year and it will be back.

If they are serious then maybe they should learn a lesson from McDonalds when they went all health food conscious, stores started to close outlets and they started to make losses.

The new Mcdonalds guy said it best "we make bugers chips and fizzy pop, let's stick to what we know"

Whoever bought the nae though did a good job in seeing that one coming..

They trialed it for a year in canada. Now they are rolling it out after the trials.

I would like to think it is a stunt, as its a good one, but the numbers crunched and the previous work they have done over a year is quite detailed and elaborate for a stunt :)

The .com seems to be regged since 2000 - agreed, what a load of balls, Netnames seem clueless :)

Just an update.

Have read it in NMA today as a "potential rebrand" so that confirms that it is something they are considering, however it is more likely they are using it to get it into peoples minds that they provide pasta. :)

The .com seems to be regged since 2000 - agreed, what a load of balls, Netnames seem clueless :)

We know it's balls, but Joe Public probably think "hey this NetNames chap knows what he's talking about, I'll contact them next time I have some domain business to do".

Baah.

Pizza Hut will always be pizza hut, just like mcdonalds and bk.

And as for starburst - pfft...bring back opal fruits!

Finally, Wispa's are back - people like old names!

This was recently featured in The Times as well, so I contacted the tech editor and explained further, he took the point and remarked 'more of a cyber entrepreneur than squatting'.

Another one educated to the difference.... :)

if anyone is feeling naughty, wwwpastahut.co.uk is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom