Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Paw

Reaction score
Noticed paw is up on dl same person but seperate auctions...am i missing something? I thought this was not possible?

Cheers

Edward

Well it'll be moot in a few months anyway and people will have to bid on both separate or go without I guess.

Last edited:
Common place come July. I'll bid on the .co.uk, meh on the .uk!

Yeah, I'm surprised Denys let that go. He's certainly one for adhering to the rules as i found out previously (which is fair enough)

They both even finish at same time

It’s because the registrant details are hidden on the whois, the system can’t verify they are the same and has allowed them to be posted separately.

Yeah, I'm surprised Denys let that go. He's certainly one for adhering to the rules as i found out previously (which is fair enough)

They both even finish at same time

I messaged Denys regarding this,

I see auctions for paw.co.uk and paw.uk have been started by the same
seller. This appears to be a mistake by a new seller and in
contravention of the auction rules.
I want to bid but only for the pair, can the auctions be combined?

he replied

Both domains are listed from the same seller and it's up to the seller
to decide whether to list as a one auction or two separate auctions.

to which I followed up with

Nice to see you've updated the post an auction page since I messaged
you this morning to reflect those new rules removing the section
where the seller agrees that the auction applies to the pair if they
own them.
Thanks for the update

and got the following reply

Yes, I removed that agreement part as it was obsolete. Ability to sell
unpaired domains was opened a while ago, but I forgot to remove all
references to it, so thanks for the tip.

I've no idea when the 'a while ago' was, but as can be seen from the message exchange the .co.uk/.uk together bit was still in place when the domains were listed.

Obviously the rules changed at some point, but it would seem from this thread few knew.

Last edited:
I had the winning bid for the .uk and the seller has said that it was listed in error and is not honouring the sale.

I wonder if the co.uk will actually be sold

The plot thickens

I had the winning bid for the .uk and the seller has said that it was listed in error and is not honouring the sale.

The plot thickens
So he basically isn't happy with the price!!! Tried selling them separately, during half term, with an end time of 7am, go figure!

The plot thickens

Just move on, the seller obviously has no integrity and I know these types of situation get people angry and frustrated but it's just a name and not a particularly great one at that so don't waste time and energy.

Just move on, the seller obviously has no integrity and I know these types of situation get people angry and frustrated but it's just a name and not a particularly great one at that so don't waste time and energy.

Life is too short to get angry and frustrated I have messaged DomainLore which is all I can do.

A deal ain’t done till a deal is done

Him not doing the deal or me saying to move on?

Not doing the deal! To let the auction run it's course and then say actually it was listed in error, that's ridiculous. Things seemed dubious from the moment the split auctions went up.

Not doing the deal! To let the auction run it's course and then say actually it was listed in error, that's ridiculous. Things seemed dubious from the moment the split auctions went up.

Some people have unrealistic expectations and when you mix that with a lack of integrity you get these situations. The same has happened to me a few times over the years and maybe to you? The worst thing is that many in this "industry" will sell their children for a deal which means there's rarely any consequences to this type of behaviour.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom