Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Payday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yahoo, it's payday from Namedrive! From the advertising on DebtRepay.co.uk before I sold it I made $39! My money is going to getting my computer fixed up! (it crashes a lot)

If (BIG IF) debtrepay.co.uk genuinely made $39 between 27December (the date of first reg) and the time it was sold, 7Jan - a massive 10days (with a big holiday inbetween) - why did you sell it for 50 quid?

It only takes some basic maths to work out it could have made upto £1300pa and would have therfore been worth IRO £6000. :eek:

It's mainly because I wanted a quick return - the buyer will enjoy there new domain!

I just want to make one point!

Like me, there are many domainers who have invested time and huge amounts of money building up domain portfolios and reply on PPC advertising from parked domains for their livelyhood.

Any suspision of abuse of the system should be reported to the parking company immediately.

I'm seeing too many of these "strange" domains getting clicks lately.

If these abuses are allowed to continue, it's likely we'll see reductions in revenues and possibly face the end of PPC alltogether.

Now, I'm not accusing anyone here, but only a fool would give away a winning lottery ticket, right?

£25 a week from a free to reg domain is like finding Willy Wonkers Golden Ticket.

Personally, I've spent a fortune in the last few months buying up domains that pay £10, £15 & £20 a week in PPC, in the hope that good optimisation may increase the revenues and in return pay me a living.

The fact is: You only need 15 x debtrepay.co.uk's and you can retire - or at least give up your day job.

Now this is important!

If that revenue was genuine - you've messed up big time - and the buyer has the bargain of their lives.

HOWEVER......

You indicated in a post not so long back that you maybe a minor (under18)

If this is true, you cannot legally enter into a contract of sale and you are within your rights to claim the domain name back. Anthing you said, wrote or signed is completely NULL & VOID under English Law.

I know what I'd do

Its odd that a minor would bu debtrepay... perhaps parental influence?

Quote:

"Is there any point in getting a tag unless you can use DAC? Can you get one if you are under 18? What does it mean by 2 IP addresses?"

29/12/2005 4:04PM

atlanta1 said:
If (BIG IF) debtrepay.co.uk genuinely made $39 between 27December (the date of first reg) and the time it was sold, 7Jan - a massive 10days (with a big holiday inbetween) - why did you sell it for 50 quid?

It only takes some basic maths to work out it could have made upto £1300pa and would have therfore been worth IRO £6000. :eek:

I tend to agree with this view, although the time of the year may have had something to do with the wildly successful ppc figures quoted i.e. post- Christmas consumer debt worries and that most people were off work and probably surfing quite a bit more than during the rest of the year. Oh yes, and the possibility that 'manipulation' may have come in to play... allegedly. The ppc, if genuine, makes this name far too good to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom