20i Reseller Hosting

Playing with undeveloped.com

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by disruptive, Jul 30, 2018.

1. TRUK Turkey

TRUK Active Member

Problem with the selling domain names is this: You are "most of the time" dealing with a clueless average Joe who has no knowledge of escrow, transfer, nominet etc. I used efty.com but quit because when you agree on a sale you are alone with the potential buyer and need to explain them all before-mentioned stuff.

The basic rule should be if you care about the magnitude of the sale price. If I am dealing with a GBP500 guy I don't care about him. He can wait he can cancel or get lost. However if I am dealing with a GBP5000 possible sale I use my words wisely and ready to pay 9 percent commission happily if I am guarded by undeveloped.com.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. domains21

domains21 Member

You are still guarded and the client is also guided just like a normal Undev transaction, it's just that because the lead was added rather than came through the Undev marketplace, the commission payable is 5% instead of 9%. :)

4. ian

ian Well-Known Member

To offer some feedback, I've just sold goodmorning(couk) to a large Canadian bed/mattress company who also bought goodmorning(com). Felt it was a good fit. All went smoothly with Undeveloped; quite a lot of the process they do manually. Completed in 24 hours from start to finish (just waiting for funds to land as I think they use SEPA rather than BACS).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TRUK Turkey

TRUK Active Member

Let me explain it again: There is a big difference on where the first deal discussion was started. If it did not start at undeveloped.com you have to explain the potential buyer why you go to undeveloped.com what it means for both of you etc etc. which in turns create questions on the head of the buyer.

So it is always better to finish where you start.