Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Playing with undeveloped.com

Not sure if you know this by now, but if you are contacted outside of Undev but still want to use it to conduct the sale then use their 'Add Lead' option (in Sales Activity area) and the commission is 5% instead. :cool:

Problem with the selling domain names is this: You are "most of the time" dealing with a clueless average Joe who has no knowledge of escrow, transfer, nominet etc. I used efty.com but quit because when you agree on a sale you are alone with the potential buyer and need to explain them all before-mentioned stuff.

The basic rule should be if you care about the magnitude of the sale price. If I am dealing with a GBP500 guy I don't care about him. He can wait he can cancel or get lost. However if I am dealing with a GBP5000 possible sale I use my words wisely and ready to pay 9 percent commission happily if I am guarded by undeveloped.com.

The basic rule should be if you care about the magnitude of the sale price. If I am dealing with a GBP500 guy I don't care about him. He can wait he can cancel or get lost. However if I am dealing with a GBP5000 possible sale I use my words wisely and ready to pay 9 percent commission happily if I am guarded by undeveloped.com.
You are still guarded and the client is also guided just like a normal Undev transaction, it's just that because the lead was added rather than came through the Undev marketplace, the commission payable is 5% instead of 9%. :)

To offer some feedback, I've just sold goodmorning(couk) to a large Canadian bed/mattress company who also bought goodmorning(com). Felt it was a good fit. All went smoothly with Undeveloped; quite a lot of the process they do manually. Completed in 24 hours from start to finish (just waiting for funds to land as I think they use SEPA rather than BACS).

You are still guarded and the client is also guided just like a normal Undev transaction, it's just that because the lead was added rather than came through the Undev marketplace, the commission payable is 5% instead of 9%. :)

Let me explain it again: There is a big difference on where the first deal discussion was started. If it did not start at undeveloped.com you have to explain the potential buyer why you go to undeveloped.com what it means for both of you etc etc. which in turns create questions on the head of the buyer.

So it is always better to finish where you start.

Well, it looks like they've rebranded to DAN.com. Not sure it's an improvement to be honest.

I moved a large part of our portfolio over to undeveloped a few weeks ago. I am, therefore, not an undeveloped expert - but can't say I'm that happy with rebranding and other changes. Maybe, in time, it will feel better. What do other dan users think?

Not a lover of the new brand, i thought Undeveloped was on the money and now "Dan.com" although being a great domain name "The Domain Automation Network" seems so 10 years ago...................

And they don't have the social media tags to go with it, so you get Dan.com tweeting as Undeveloped - not sure it all makes sense.

Still, i'm happy with the service and conversion rates. Support could be quicker but theyre still growing so i'm sure things will change.

Not a fan of the rebrand at all.. why change something that just worked. I'm not sure end users are going to make the connection between the new name and domains :(

However since moving to their platform in April I've had 8 or 9 decent sales come in. The process is usually very smooth too, not had one fall through yet. A huge improvement over Uniregistry who have one of the most confusing and cluttered interfaces i've ever had to use and brokers who kill sales with their copy and paste robotic sales talk.

I quite like the rebrand, not that I use it much anyway. I had more interest from CatchTiger than I did Undeveloped, but hey. I'm just curious how much they paid for dan.com :D

Really seems like they've shot themselves in the foot here. The rebranding seems like a marketing gimmick to push some blockchain bs. Might be time to go back to Sedo.

Really seems like they've shot themselves in the foot here. The rebranding seems like a marketing gimmick to push some blockchain bs. Might be time to go back to Sedo.

Surely not, Sedo is awful.

Surely not, Sedo is awful.

I'm not an active seller, so undeveloped was good for me in terms of increased sales but I tended to get much higher offers on Sedo. I don't know, I just think this rebranding is awful. The site used to look high end, now looks like a WordPress theme.

I'm not an active seller, so undeveloped was good for me in terms of increased sales but I tended to get much higher offers on Sedo. I don't know, I just think this rebranding is awful. The site used to look high end, now looks like a WordPress theme.

Haha, I get you. It's the awful shade of green I think.

DAN doesn't do it for me as I thought Undeveloped said what was on the tin (undeveloped or not) was bang on the money. It's time to barter!

However I've been slow off the mark but I'm going to put around a hundred on there and see what happens.

Dan = Undeveloped = 190k?
Hmmm wouldn't have been my choice.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom