20i Reseller Hosting

Playing with undeveloped.com

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by disruptive, Jul 30, 2018.

1. TRUK Turkey

TRUK Retired Member

Problem with the selling domain names is this: You are "most of the time" dealing with a clueless average Joe who has no knowledge of escrow, transfer, nominet etc. I used efty.com but quit because when you agree on a sale you are alone with the potential buyer and need to explain them all before-mentioned stuff.

The basic rule should be if you care about the magnitude of the sale price. If I am dealing with a GBP500 guy I don't care about him. He can wait he can cancel or get lost. However if I am dealing with a GBP5000 possible sale I use my words wisely and ready to pay 9 percent commission happily if I am guarded by undeveloped.com.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. domains21

domains21 Member

You are still guarded and the client is also guided just like a normal Undev transaction, it's just that because the lead was added rather than came through the Undev marketplace, the commission payable is 5% instead of 9%. :)

4. ian

ian Well-Known Member

To offer some feedback, I've just sold goodmorning(couk) to a large Canadian bed/mattress company who also bought goodmorning(com). Felt it was a good fit. All went smoothly with Undeveloped; quite a lot of the process they do manually. Completed in 24 hours from start to finish (just waiting for funds to land as I think they use SEPA rather than BACS).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TRUK Turkey

TRUK Retired Member

Let me explain it again: There is a big difference on where the first deal discussion was started. If it did not start at undeveloped.com you have to explain the potential buyer why you go to undeveloped.com what it means for both of you etc etc. which in turns create questions on the head of the buyer.

So it is always better to finish where you start.

6. WHM United Kingdom

WHM Member

Well, it looks like they've rebranded to DAN.com. Not sure it's an improvement to be honest.

7. Nigel United Kingdom

Nigel Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

I moved a large part of our portfolio over to undeveloped a few weeks ago. I am, therefore, not an undeveloped expert - but can't say I'm that happy with rebranding and other changes. Maybe, in time, it will feel better. What do other dan users think?

8. PaulK

PaulK Well-Known Member

Not a lover of the new brand, i thought Undeveloped was on the money and now "Dan.com" although being a great domain name "The Domain Automation Network" seems so 10 years ago...................

And they don't have the social media tags to go with it, so you get Dan.com tweeting as Undeveloped - not sure it all makes sense.

Still, i'm happy with the service and conversion rates. Support could be quicker but theyre still growing so i'm sure things will change.

9. Lovekraft United Kingdom

Lovekraft Well-Known Member Full Member

Not a fan of the rebrand at all.. why change something that just worked. I'm not sure end users are going to make the connection between the new name and domains :(

However since moving to their platform in April I've had 8 or 9 decent sales come in. The process is usually very smooth too, not had one fall through yet. A huge improvement over Uniregistry who have one of the most confusing and cluttered interfaces i've ever had to use and brokers who kill sales with their copy and paste robotic sales talk.

10. ian

ian Well-Known Member

Terrible rebranding!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mojoco United Kingdom

mojoco Well-Known Member

There is a bit more to Dan.com than just a rebrand...

"the most advanced domain sales and transfer infrastructure that exists, we can handle simple and complex domain transactions and transfers, fully automated powered by blockchain."

https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

12. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

*facepalm*

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member Full Member

I quite like the rebrand, not that I use it much anyway. I had more interest from CatchTiger than I did Undeveloped, but hey. I'm just curious how much they paid for dan.com :D

14. WHM United Kingdom

WHM Member

Really seems like they've shot themselves in the foot here. The rebranding seems like a marketing gimmick to push some blockchain bs. Might be time to go back to Sedo.

15. Ben Thomas

Surely not, Sedo is awful.

16. WHM United Kingdom

WHM Member

I'm not an active seller, so undeveloped was good for me in terms of increased sales but I tended to get much higher offers on Sedo. I don't know, I just think this rebranding is awful. The site used to look high end, now looks like a WordPress theme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PaulK

PaulK Well-Known Member

18. PaulK

PaulK Well-Known Member

$190,000

19. Ben Thomas

Haha, I get you. It's the awful shade of green I think.

20. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

DAN doesn't do it for me as I thought Undeveloped said what was on the tin (undeveloped or not) was bang on the money. It's time to barter!

However I've been slow off the mark but I'm going to put around a hundred on there and see what happens.

Dan = Undeveloped = 190k?
    Hmmm wouldn't have been my choice.

21. lazarus

lazarus Active Member Exclusive Member

I anyone else experiencing massive delays in communication when using dan.com ??