20i Reseller Hosting

Renewal required since 2012

Discussion in 'Detagged or Suspended UK Domain Names' started by stellar73, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

Am interested in a domain which is currently owned by Chris Holland / UK3.com who I know to be a former member on here.

Whois is showing as 'renewal required' with an expiry date in 2012, ie it has never been suspended.

I emailed Nominet and have received a reply that "it is in a special status and being looked into" but they implied there was nothing else they could tell me at the mo. UK3 website is not resolving (nor are other sites I know him to own which seems odd)

Can anyone shed further light on this?

I guess I should just move on as it's not as if I can even book a catch with anyone?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I noticed the other day a domain of his that should of been suspended but was only showing as renewal required.

Not sure why his domains don't seem to get suspended, but apparently they don't.

4. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

It's something to do with having the domain auto-renew but making sure you don't have the money to cover it. Not sure exactly but certain tags take advantage of it. That doesn't apply to 'special' statuses though.

5. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

Thanks for your help everyone (and the person who PM'ed me).

Will just keep an eye on it i guess!

6. anthony United Kingdom

anthony Well-Known Member

One of his is renewal required from Mar 12, but he has one which is suspended from Feb 12.

7. ian

ian Well-Known Member

I caught a 2012 expired domain last week, so does happen, but it requires a prod at Nominet to get it released.

8. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

If you don't mind me asking what happens to the renewal / suspension cycle in this type of situation? Do Nominet finally suspend the name (at which point it follows a normal suspension period before dropping) or do they skip that and release it so its FTR?

9. ian

ian Well-Known Member

No expert here, far from it, but in the particular case of the domain I caught, it was suspended with an expiry date of 2012. When I asked Nominet, they said they will remove the 'hold' and it would drop, but with no specific timeframe. It dropped 2 days later!

10. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

Thanks Ian that's very helpful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.