Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Rise of mobile

As per your suggestion, on the Mobile version at the start of the week I switched to a 336x280 size from a responsive unit

Early signs are good

Last Wednesday responsive ad:

£1.11 | 0.61% | CPC 10p

This Wednesday 336x280:

£4.31 | CTR 4.33% | CPC 7p

Down side it looks bulky and horrible, will have to keep an eye on analytics to see if it's putting off users or google from the site

Thanks Steve

That's interesting. How did it affect CTR on the different channels? Did it improve desktop as well or was it mainly mobile?

That's interesting. How did it affect CTR on the different channels? Did it improve desktop as well or was it mainly mobile?

Oh it was only the ad on mobile I've changed

I have responsive ads on the website under the menu and on the sidebar

I should probably try adding one in the content down the page somewhere, I have some long pages

There does come a point though when you start feeling like it's getting a bit too ad heavy

Probably got off to a bad start on here with my first thread, but I'm not actually a troll and don't have an actual grudge against anybody, and I genuinely lost access to my other account... so I'll revert to being a normal user and use this forum as it is intended ;)

For the past 15 months I've been slowly building up a site with the aim of it becoming a bit of a monster. Monetize with adsense, but not only with adsense. I've had a good 4 or 5 years away from building online after the first couple of Google Panda rollouts nearly bankrupted me (at one stage I was pushing a trolly around a fulfillment centre, but entrepreneurship is part of my genetic makeup, so I soon found a new hustle).

Not that I've got a grudge against Google, in hindsight I was just one of those parasites who built sites with no value which siphoned search traffic to affiliates + some MFA sites, no value whatsoever.... "5 best green widgets that I've literally never even touched", etc.

But a year or so ago I got the bug again, big time, and I'm aiming high to try and make something massive. So I have just one project which is getting 100% of my spare time, plus a little bit of time that I shouldn't really be taking away from the thing which has paid my bills for the past four years.

Had to get my head around all of these changes, particularly when it comes to having to check UI on all sorts of different devices (bloody annoying when I was referencing my iphone 6 regularly, and then looked at a bloody android and discovered an issue!!).

Sorry I'm going off on a tangent.... all the above is a bit irrelevant to my point.... my point is this..... I also made the switch to responsive adsense units recently, and saw a 30% increase in monthly revenue. Site only seeing 100k page views a month at the moment, but despite the small sample size the increase in ad inventory and subsequent increase in clicks was more than evident.

Also tried those page level ads, bloody useless, will try then again in 2019 or something and see if that offering improves.

Not tried that thing where you set the ad balance slider to 60% / 70% or whatever and fill with other networks yet, seen a few people suggest that they'd lost a lot of money doing that.

Sorry I'm going off on a tangent.... all the above is a bit irrelevant to my point.... my point is this..... I also made the switch to responsive adsense units recently, and saw a 30% increase in monthly revenue. Site only seeing 100k page views a month at the moment, but despite the small sample size the increase in ad inventory and subsequent increase in clicks was more than evident.

That's very interesting. Did you change the pages the ads were embedded on in any way e.g. to make them responsive too? Or did you just swap out one set of ad units for another?

Edwin, its a wordpress site using a wordpress theme (but then I've used a premium plugin to disguise the fact that it is a wordpress site). The design was already responsive and the ads were previously in predefined widget positions.... so that change wasn't necessary.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom