Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo - Account Maintenance Check

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by redbird, Nov 26, 2019.

1. redbird United Kingdom

redbird Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting emails from Sedo EVERY DAY!!! entitled "Account Maintenance Check"

During a routine Account Maintenance Check, we noticed that you have one or more domains listed with Sedo that are not currently registered.

Since the domain(s) in question are not active and therefore cannot be traded or parked through Sedo, we've removed them from your Sedo account
    I have been getting these practically every day now for the last 2-3 weeks and in EVERY case Sedo have deleted domains that are not only registered (they say "not currently registered") but are clearly registered to me as the registrant is visible in whois.

I belive this is a problem with an automated whois lookup timing out/blocked so is a fault in Sedo's system.

I have had enough now of contacting them every day to get the domains added back. They initially accepted it was an error and added them back in, however they are now refusing to do so without proof of ownership, which is a nonsense as I can add any new domain and it gets accepted without a problem based solely on whois info.

Bottom line is, I've been with Sedo for over 10 years and made many sales, but enough is enough. Is anyone else getting these emails almost daily?

Bit out of touch with alternative parking companies, I have a few dormant accounts I could resurect. I am not interested in ads, just a for sale page for around 600 domains.

Who do people recomend these days

2. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

This has been going on for months.

It seems that UK names that are suspended are being removed after 80-90 days so if you renew late you'll get a lot of these emails.

Have reported it to Sedo, but get the usual canned responses about "security", etc., The bottom line, nobody cares!

I've given up asking for names to be added again.

Try Dan.com.

3. redbird United Kingdom

@diablo
    In my case, it isn't due to being suspended, for example this is one from today

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 27-Aug-2002
    Expiry date: 27-Aug-2020
    Last updated: 06-Oct-2019

I have always had these emails from time to time, but typically only 1 every few months, but 20 or so in the last 2 weeks, some containing multiple domains. At this rate I'll have none left at Sedo soon, even if I don't move elsewhere

I'll have a look at Dan.com - Not come across that one before

4. Sam

Sam Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes get these daily loads are removed even if they are still registered its very annoying they need to sort this issue or they will loose out I have mentioned many times but support have no clue !

5. redbird United Kingdom

@wizard Thanks, glad I'm not the only one.

This is the reply I got and despite telling them several times "yes you can stop it" seems to be falling on deaf ears. It's not even a difficult coding change.

"....Please be informed that the maintenance check is an automated check by our system which tries to reach the whois of the domain to see if the domain is still listed in the account of the rightful owner. If the whois is not reachable at this moment for some reason, the domain gets deleted automatically what unfortunately we can't stop....."

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  6. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Same here, they've been deleting my domains for months, and receive the same email each time. I log straight in to Sedo, go to Add Domains and the domain is added back in to my account, it's all pointless and annoying as you also lose visitor stats when they delete them.

7. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. atlas Canada

atlas Well-Known Member

Same here - for many months now. I've given up adding them back to Sedo.

9. redbird United Kingdom

I suspected it couldn't just be me, so nice to have it confirmed.

Assuming it happens to all their customers, the amount being deleted on a daily basis must be huge and it seems many don't bother adding them back in. For the sake of what appears to me (maybe I'm wrong) to be a few lines of amended code to stop deleting when "...whois is not reachable..." (Sedo's words) seems ludicrous to me.

I am now about half way through adding to Dan.com ( thanks @diablo ) so I'll see how that works out.

10. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Thought mine were all for suspended names, but on checking they are not.

One of today's:

During a routine Account Maintenance Check, we noticed that you have one or more domains listed with Sedo that are not currently registered.

Registered on: 11-Nov-2019
    Expiry date: 11-Nov-2020

Saves me removing names from Sedo :)

11. redbird United Kingdom

@diablo Just had my first sale at dan.com and recieved payment yet the domain is still registered in my name.

Surely this can't be right? Is this normal?

Tags: