Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Listing - is it still worth it?

Reaction score
Fair while since I updated my Sedo portfolio as activity from there is virtually non existent. Was trying to add names, but it was so slow. All my parked domains are either at Bodis, DNS or ParkingCrew so direct enquiries are always possible if potential buyers find the landing page. Before I go ahead and add everything to Sedo listings can I ask if anybody thinks it actually worth the effort?

I am talking about domains worth potentially in the region of £100 to £500 to end users rather than premium domains. Also, is there anywhere else worth listing?

Thanks
Stephen

Free to list domains, 10% sales commission.
Think you have to pay to send domains to auction

I've got approx 110-120 domains listed on Sedo - sold 3 in last year, all at £650 each...

I've more or less given up on domaining so just consider it a bonus when I get the odd sale here and there.

I was let into a little I guess "quirk" on sedo which puts your name in front of people searching exactly for the names you have (best way I can word it) and since I have been using this, I get more offers, more non-payers, and no success at all :/

Well i suppose it is worth updating at Sedo e.g adding new domains once a month or every 2 months. I'm also wondering if the OP doesn't mind, how sellers list on Sedo both parked or non parked:
1) fixed price
2) buy now price with best offer
3) no price set
When i parked with Sedo i used to set the majority of my domains at £349 or best offer, whilst this probably encouraged interest it also meant i had a handful of buyers going straight in at £349. Is £349 a good default price?.
I'm currently trying out DNS with 400 domains the jury is still out, i'm not really sure of other alternatives. Parking is a tricky one as successful sellers use many different ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter where you list your names, if and when somebody wants your domains, they will find you. It doesn't hurt to list at multiple places (Sedo being one of the biggest venues, if not the biggest), but that alone does not bring interested end users.

I had kind of given up on sedo but recently got an xxx offer on a name I had there.
It was the sort of name that would get a tenner here.

I had kind of given up on sedo but recently got an xxx offer on a name I had there.
It was the sort of name that would get a tenner here.
It's always worth listing on as many platforms as possible if you get a sale it's all worth it!

Ive listed most of my domains with sedo but afternic still gives me the sales. As far as I'm concerned sedo for some reason is useless when it comes to offers from me. Just opinion.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom