Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

September .uk drop discussion

The domain is in the ownership of the original registrant. At some point, Nominet requires that person to consent to a transfer to get it out of that persons name. If anyone ticks it to put it in their own name, it is theft.

Not to mention a massive data breach as you can then access the original owners ownership details via the Nominet web domain manager. All by updating an email address.

Are fasthosts definitely letting people other than the valid owner (the registered owner of the .co.uk at the time fasthosts registered them) add them to their accounts?

That can't be in keeping with Nominet rules.

I've just created an account and transferred in some domains I'm chasing. I will let you know what happens.

So far it's let me transfer them into the dashboard but they haven't dropped.

All depends on terms, nominet have allowed registrars for years to take over domains if not renewed. Thats why its important to renew etc
could be worse, could be like .con and have to pay grace redemption fees etc

Doesn't the domain owner have to explicitly accept that though, these domains were registered without the new owners consent (but could only be registered to the .co.uk owner)

If it does work, I wouldn't like to be in anyone's shoes that has transferred one in that way.

Messy but not illegal. 5 years to register or claim, advertised widely, contacted numerous times, unfortunately not a leg to stand on as well informed.

Anyway, not for me to say, I was just putting it out there.

OK a domain I was chasing, "magnitude.uk" just dropped and STUKA-PH caught it.

Last edited:
Surly this cant be happening... There will be uproar over it as its theft pure and simple... Lets see what happens and lets see nominets actions on monday if this is true, there is no way they can sit back and let them be stolen... they will take action and reclaim the domains surly.

I had auto renew set to enabled, so I disabled it, and then went back into the domain control panel. It says "cannot renew at this time" Clicking on expiry options doesnt yield anything.

Last edited:
This is a fasthosts system fu*k up and means you could do the same for any domains held by them on drop day.

If you enter a domain thats already been booked by someone doing this it will tell you its already booked so there is clearly people doing it left right and center!! Gone are the days of some simple edges gained from code... I guess now you put a mask on, grab a shotgun and run into livehosts HQ.

This is a fasthosts system fu*k up and means you could do the same for any domains held by them on drop day.

Thats exactly what been happening (18 hours into the drop day).... I smell a criminal case brewing from this for pure theft / fraud

If you enter a domain thats already been booked by someone doing this it will tell you its already booked so there is clearly people doing it left right and center!! Gone are the days of some simple edges gained from code... I guess now you put a mask on, grab a shotgun and run into livehosts HQ.

Agreed, this is completely next level stuff. I would say an easy audit trail, but fasthosts and Nom will sweep this one away whilst proclaiming to be a world leading security company

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom