Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

small disruptive online companies in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

Tim's BlurtIt.com website was featured in some awards run by the local media last year, revenues were around £2m.

Doug, how much did Fly.co.uk sell for by the way (if it's not a secret)? :)

Blurtit and Fly

Expect more from Tim...he is a smart driven boy who loves doing this...I expect him to come out with something different

Fly.co.uk - sorry nda..but everyone seemed happy. The German boys seem to be doing a lot more than we ever did with it:)

Doug

Indeed - thanks for the list Doug.

I like many have found domains have become an all-encompassing (and a fulfilling)time-taker. It's nice to step outside the recognised corporate names I'm familiar with and get a chance to look at a "recommended list".

Since the days of the o'l 386/486 I have imported my favourites list so you can imagine the heap of shit that now represents - Cheers

more

There are just the ones I know because I know the owners well.........but there are loads more hidden away.

I meet and talk to startups every week and there are some great ideas bubbling round

Here is one I talked to yesterday

www.tasterlab.com - look in your log files Tim and you may see this:):)

Doug

Tasterlab seems like a cool idea .... It good to see there are quite a few here in the uk I agree with u dougs there are a lot of great ideas out there and people trying .... And some sucesseding too ....

U,ve got a great setup in the uni there and I'm sure ur inspiring a few young entrepreneurs so good on ya

Uni shut

I actually closed the Uni office earlier in the year, 3 of the key staff went off to setup by themselves with us as the advisors/investors.......that has been awesome what they are doing

Been looking to start another office just for fun

http://www.droug.co.uk/off-again.html

Doug

Just for fun ... That's sums u up lol !!!

By the way thanks again for the advice that time I came down to see u .

And if ur around brum let me know and I'll buy u a coffee and a curry lol !!

When

I am tied up for the next few weeks with bits and bobs but how is mid November? PM me...anyone else fancy coming???

Doug

Last edited:
Great Topic. Would love to see more threads like this, and would be great for the owners of these sites to put together some "How Hard Work and and Idea Pays" mini biographies.

Did someone mention curry?? :)

Great list doug, thanks! Nice to see what others consider 'inspirational' too.

I am tied up for the next few weeks with bits and bobs but how is mid November? PM me...anyone else fancy coming???

I'd be interested in meeting up with some other domainer/developer folk in mid November - Birmingham would suit as its not too far away, am in Bristol myself

Cheers,
Jonny

Plenty of good developers, domainers in Bristol.. well there was until I left ;-)

Ah, I only moved here a few weeks ago - are there any groups that get together that might be worth getting in touch with? Am working from home so its always good to meet people in a similar industry.

There is a domain parking company in Bristol, but for the moment the name escapes me. If I remember I will fire you over their details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom