Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

socked.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think socked.co.uk

I like the design, find the site a bit confusing though..

I click buy socks, then it only has how often I would like them with no pictures of the socks I'm buying.. how could I buy without knowing what I'm buying.

^ Easily fixed though, and again the design is very charming, also I'm impressed with you getting mentions in the dailymail etc, good job with the PR.

If I were you I would have that on the homepage "as seen in *dailymail logo* *thesun logo* etc, good for customer trust.

Reactions: mrh
Great idea and lovely execution. If I was to give some feedback as a potential buyer:

The photo of the sock itself is a little indistinct, I don't really get the feeling that I know what the sock will be like. It's even more pronounced when viewing the mobile site, it looked like an illustration of a sock rather than a photo.

The mobile site is great (thought it was responsive at first but it's not?), but the page is not properly visible on an iPad in portrait mode, the right quarter or so cannot be accessed and the zoom facility is turned off.

There is a problem on the hyperlink to the anchor #recurly-subscribe on the buy page (when you click buy on your choice of periodicity). On some resolutions it only shows it at the bottom of the page, not the top, when you first click it. So I clicked Buy on pay quarterly, and the top of the page then showed the buy button I just clicked, and I read "2 pairs a month" - totally confused me. This was on 1680 x 1050 monitor in FF.

That's about it really. Could I ask you a couple of questions? The few times I have taken recurring payments on a credit or debit card I've found the approval rate decline rapidly over time - have you found the same? Lastly I'd love to see the packaging the socks go out in, is it branded to match the site?

Cheers, and good luck.

Reactions: mrh
The site is very visually appealing and in many ways it's very clever.

However, I found it a bit confusing - especially the tell us how often, tell us where, become a gentlemen boxes which all seemed to take me to the same page. They're a clever idea but they don't really help me to understand what you do and so they're a distraction.

In my opinion, the diagram you had on your about page - the socks are 100% cotton, designed in GB etc - are your selling points which should be up there on your home page.

I would keep the basic idea, but sell why your socks are so good first (to get people interested) and then go onto how often would you like to buy - either below on the same page or on a back page.

Also, it's not obvious whether I can choose the size of socks, the length, the weight etc.

Hope this helps.

If i may :rolleyes:

Firstly I would aim your site towards the Chinese Market, only the Chinese are buying luxury goods nowadays, I would be selling Burberry socks or branded socks, there is huge export potential...and yes they do visit UK domains and webspace, black socks, luxury or not don't excite me and i wouldn't pay that much for just black socks...

Secondly, I am not sure you aware that Wordpress sites are becoming more and more vunerable especially on a CPanel, i was going to warn you in your previous post but you decided to shoot me down before telling you, back up your site on your local drive, even more evident now Krystal have been struggling with this problem.

Your site looks cracking for this niche and would appeal greatly to the Chinese Market...Brits are just too tight fisted (deep pockets and short arms)

great use of a brand domain :D

Mark
TCI

Firstly I would aim your site towards the Chinese Market, only the Chinese are buying luxury goods nowadays

Do Chinese buy luxury brands? I thought they just counterfeit them and buy them for a fraction of the price..

I think with socked you should just sell novelty socks, im not sure many/any people would want a sock subscription.

yes mate they love burberry....old english brands are all the rage in China...counterfeit and China ? have you got the right place :rolleyes:

ha your post made no sense, hence my 'out cry'

Yep more millionaires / billionaires coming out of china than anywhere else no doubt

Razor Bladees comparision

there is a chap who began selling razor blades for a dollar who began to do very well so definitely there is huge value in this service....the main thing is price point.....

in the main fold you have to ensure that there is a description as to what the website actually does....

also if you can expoting such a service will do very wel...but one thing you need to highlight a bit more is to the range of Gentlemans socks available ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom