Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

sold.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
sold.co.uk has been sold for £1000 (one thousand pounds) on sedo. I don't get it, why would somebody sell a domain name for such a low price when it is obviously worth at least 10 times as much.

sold.co.uk is a fantastic domain name for an estate agent, auction or classified ads, all of which would have paid far more than £1000. I for one would have quite happily have paid double that. Some people never learn!

WOW!!!, someone picked up a real bargain with that name.

My thoughts probably are that this domain was owned by an end user, they are usually unaware of true value of domain names, and probably thought £1k was a very high amount for the name. Well done the buyer :wink:

That has to be the bargain of the year!

- following up on the catch of the year - lyrics.co.uk (is it really true that ratboy staggered out of bed at 4.00am on 30/9, bashed some words into his computer, found lyrics.co.uk sitting there available, and manually reged it? - if so its unbelievable!)

Nigel said:
That has to be the bargain of the year!

- following up on the catch of the year - lyrics.co.uk (is it really true that ratboy staggered out of bed at 4.00am on 30/9, bashed some words into his computer, found lyrics.co.uk sitting there available, and manually reged it? - if so its unbelievable!)

gives hope to us all who still havent bothered with a drop monitoring system

or do you think ratboy was pulling our leg? i.e. he has been waiting months for that domain and pulled out all the stops with his new state of the art automated dropcatching system. Come on ratboy - you can tell us now! :)

The cancellation and subsequent manual registration of lyrics.co.uk was an unusual event, and consequence of a little known change or interpretation of some rules.

Trying to find similar circumstances (and names worth catching) would be hard, but it may be another small window of opportunity for those willing to put in the time and effort.

Thanks for that keys

Oh well 4.00 am start tomorrow :sad:

Last edited:
Nigel said:
Thanks for that keys

Oh well 4.00 am start tomorrow :sad:

Lyrics.co.uk is a great name. I reckon it'll 'go for a song' on Sedo one day...

singlefile said:
Lyrics.co.uk is a great name. I reckon it'll 'go for a song' on Sedo one day...

I bet that'll be 'music to ratboy's ears'

now now lads lets not make a song and dance about it ;)

Ahh, gossips!!

Its true, and to be honest a weird circumstance. I think the big man upstairs wanted me to have it, after all why wake up at 4am and decide quite oddly to search some of my lists.

But, this is interesting. The CTR on Sedo went from 27% (domain NOT for sale) down to 7% with the FOR SALE line at the top. Same keyword etc.

This is probably due to people seeing it as a parking page not a links page. Interesting...

Click thro' rate with sedo is always better when not for sale but not usually by that much. Do you really want to sell anyway? the return on that domain must be really good and if someone really wants to buy it then they'll come on to you anyway.

No it's not for sale, unless I get an offer i can't refuse. Just showing a potential buyer the traffic. Then someone made me a Mickey Mouse offer and i can't close the FOR SALE line until they have responded and I can cancel the transaction.

Boo Sedo.

The sooner sedo gives the seller the ability to cancel a silly offer the better i.e. "your offer has been rejected as it falls far below the sellers expectations"

i agree - I’ve spent the last 2 transactions endlessly emailing sedo asking them to cancel the sale - normally because they take so long. Once the domain is in the bidding process no one else can offer via sedo.

I've just had an email from Martin at sedo who has said that they are considering my request for a reduction in sedo charges because it took so long. I'm not hopeful.

How ever many time the question is asked - the response to the question "what do you do for $100??" is always answered "...its complex with uk domains"

Got another one with an agreed bid on. The buyer has stopped communicating. Sedo has his money. I want his money. I have sent Nominet forms to him 3 times all registered delivery. Joke. If he doesn't respond to sedo 2 times, they give him his money back.

Where is my protection?

I had a big sale that took 4 months. The guy paid the dosh to sedo and didn't seem particularly bothered. He was perfectly nice on the phone but never ever sent off the forms. Then one day it went thro'. Frustrating, more grey hairs but what can you do!!

Patience I guess is key. I've sold both personally and through Sedo. At least if you do it yourself you get the money straight away, then the pressure is on the buyer to sort the forms out etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom