Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Some big UK announcements

Congratulations on the new acquisitions and news, Ryan, Jeff & Mo.
I look forward to seeing how this all takes shape.

Given your mission statement, "We aspire to develop and grow the UK domain space" shouldn't this be on a .uk domain? :eek::p

Hate to say it, but I agree this is a bit ironic.

Major acquisitions here, and happy to see flip.uk getting the traction it deserves.As others have mentioned, I hope it sticks to its original mission statement and doesn't turn out to be another DAN.

Congrats to all and best wishes :)

Congrats on the news! Very exciting indeed!

Our of interest, will an automated completed sales feed remain in place on flip.uk so they can be published on domainsaleshistory.uk?

Reactions: rob
Is it just me that finds these videos hard to watch?

All feedback is good feedback.

To be able to do something about it would require some understanding of what makes it difficult:

1. The format
2. The content
3. The guests & host - or the chemistry/flow
4. The quality of the broadcast - cameras, internet etc
5. The length

Reactions: DJ

To be able to do something about it would require some understanding of what makes it difficult:

1. The format
2. The content
5. The length

I can't comment on yesterday's video as I haven't watched it yet, congrats on the sale of DNF by the way.

I find them watchable, but the flow can sometimes be a bit off. At times it is if @Sam is doing something else at the sametime, like going through a droplist, but that adds to the amusement of it all. I normally have it playing in the background while going through a list myself :p, so I mainly listen rather than watch.

1. The format
2. The content
5. The length

Fair point.
  • If you are watching, some distractions break the flow—lots of movement or guests not quite prepared.
  • The random bell dings on the odd video I have seen is one example. I understand what they represent, but it just isn't needed.
  • Sometimes the (understandable) nuances between languages can also be difficult, which sometimes confuses the guest or host, and that obviously causes an unnatural pause in the conversational flow.
  • Internet quality can sometimes break the audio, which again causes an uncomfortable break in the flow of a conversation.
This is quite clearly a 'me' thing, and I don't mean to come across as overly critical.

I think @DJ is right. I should just have it playing in the background, as that seems a less jarring experience.

I can't comment on yesterday's video as I haven't watched it yet, congrats on the sale of DNF by the way.

I find them watchable, but the flow can sometimes be a bit off. At times it is if @Sam is doing something else at the sametime, like going through a droplist, but that adds to the amusement of it all. I normally have it playing in the background while going through a list myself :p, so I mainly listen rather than watch.

Thanks for the feedback - it all helps when there is stuff we can work on. It is daunting putting yourself out there but hopefully Helmuts will continue the hard work and bring in a variety of guests.

Fair point.
  • If you are watching, some distractions break the flow—lots of movement or guests not quite prepared.
  • The random bell dings on the odd video I have seen is one example. I understand what they represent, but it just isn't needed.
  • Sometimes the (understandable) nuances between languages can also be difficult, which sometimes confuses the guest or host, and that obviously causes an unnatural pause in the conversational flow.
  • Internet quality can sometimes break the audio, which again causes an uncomfortable break in the flow of a conversation.
This is quite clearly a 'me' thing, and I don't mean to come across as overly critical.

I think @DJ is right. I should just have it playing in the background, as that seems a less jarring experience.

I think it is all valid feedback and certainly things that can be worked on. I appreciate that you take the time to tune in and hopefully find some of the insights useful.

I quite like the bell - just maybe it can be better co-ordinated. Existing podcasts like Sherpa have been around for many years so have a more polished output but every journey starts with a single step.

Thanks @Aaron Clifford

Yes at time I’m not with it but I don’t think people understand what i have to deal with in my daily life.

I'm a big fan of the chaos of it and enjoy all of this:
  • All times there is a language barrier issue
  • Sam at most points
  • The bell
  • The big silences
  • Whimsical delusion
Ryan you've been a welcomed addition and have bought some knowledge and insight that the podcast was lacking, you could really do with getting some more guests on in the UK space who have got something meaningful to add to the podcast if that is the ultimate goal.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom