Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

STARWORKS > BRIGHTLY

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by PoshTiger, Jan 23, 2020.

1. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

Just an heads up really..

Starworks was a business I had with my ex-wife and I'm now 5 years divorced so I'm going to rename my tag that catches to BRIGHTLY as I left that company with her quite a while ago as we were both contractors.

It's really just because I have brightly.uk and it's kind of a positive word and I don't want to use Starworks any more for obvious reasons...

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. webber

webber Active Member

Best of luck with the new name. At least put a landing page of sorts on your new domain instead of a 403 ;)
    I think it would be nice if we could add our tag name to our forum profile (optional of course) and it would be searchable or prominently visible.
    Even some of the more established users here have had to come and defend themselves after some people claiming their tags are new/fake/colluding etc.

4. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

Yeah, thanks - I've not actually done it yet...

Starworks has never worked right since a cPanel update anyway - just trying to sort out all that stuff at the moment.

That Domena template used to work well but I can't find an automated way of parking them with my own 'for sale' template so I'm having to use a lightweight html page for each on their own cPanel account.

If anyone knows a better way - please share! :D

5. webber

webber Active Member

I also use cpanel – point all domains to the same directory then use <?php echo str_replace("www.", "", $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']); ?>

6. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

ah - thanks..

I tried that but it didn't seem to work - parked domains has been removed and replaced with aliases but it didn't seem to work the same..

http://nlp.uk is what I've gone for..

7. webber

webber Active Member

I use Addon Domains feature
    It works, but I really feel I should move to something better

Looks nice, more or less what I want to make – simple and clear message and an easy to fill form