20i Reseller Hosting

Sudden huge drop in NameDrive affiliate earnings

Discussion in 'NameDrive' started by disruptive, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disruptive

disruptive Well-Known Member

I've been a ND affiliate since day dot, and I'm proud to be associated with the company. However recently I've noticed that the affiliate revenue that I've been earning has fallen off a cliff. There is a huge decrease in earnings each and every day. I'm perplexed as to why this would occur.

Any ideas?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Backorder United Kingdom

Backorder Active Member

Affiliates you referred leaving ND and parking elsewhere/not parking?

4. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

I have noticed that when I visit a ND parking page using Chrome as a browser I get a 200 Error and see a blank page without seeing any ads.

Perhaps more people are using Chrome these days? Resulting in less people seeing the ads?

5. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Had a lot of my domains parked there over the years (purely because I was more interested in the stats then the parking revenue)

But, monthly earnings steadily declined from $xxx to now - sometimes not even meeting payout threshold. Parking as a revenue has certainly had its day

6. lee United Kingdom

lee Active Member

I stopped parking years ago. Its quicker and more effective to point your names to 1 page with contact details and/or knock up a quick one-pager with a bit of Adsense or Affiliate type gubbins.

7. disruptive

Is there anyone from NameDrive who can comment please, especially on my affiliate account....I'd like some re-assurance as to what is going on.

8. danny

danny Active Member

RE: Reduced Revenue & Downtime

I can confirm that we have also experienced a MASSIVE drop in ND revenue over the past 12 months! Their parked pages are continually having problems and frequently down; I now find myself checking on our domains everyday to make sure the pages are actually being displayed ;-O It's possibly time to make a move to an alternative parking solution.

9. disruptive

That's really sad to hear. I'm thinking there is little point anymore. I used to get good affiliate revenue from ND. What's even more interesting is that no-one from ND is commenting in this thread - very telling. Perhaps the business is going down the tubes.

10. fscisum

fscisum Active Member

The domain industry has been changing, and I'm sure that it would have some differences five years from now. Unless ND has a reform to be more up-to-date to the trends, it would barely survive. We also have to catch the trends and move along with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.