Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Time window to register domain using DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On quality drops how soon after the name has dropped does your DAC request have to be to stand a reasonable chance of catching the name ?

Thanks for input guys.

After major tweaks to script managed to get cycle of sending DAC request, receiving reply, analysing it and getting email off to Nominet down to around 3ms.

Whether it'll make any difference to catching domains only time will tell, still major limiting factor is the relatively huge delay between each DAC queery.

Mark.

Last edited:
Care to pm how you got the smtp down below 3 seconds? :oops:

-aqls-

Thanks for input guys.

After major tweaks to script managed to get cycle of sending DAC request, receiving reply, analysing it and getting email off to Nominet down to around 3ms.

Whether it'll make any difference to catching domains only time will tell, still major limiting factor is the relatively huge delay between each DAC queery.

Mark.

There is something wrong in your calculation. The maximum reaction time of dac only is 7 ms.

Send me PM to discuss

There is something wrong in your calculation. The maximum reaction time of dac only is 7 ms.

Send me PM to discuss

Clearly I'm not going to discuss my script or server config with another catcher, all I will say is that I'm seeing faster DAC response times than 7ms.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom