Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Trademark domain - potential buyer making first approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check who owns other TLD.s net org etc and cctlds e.g. .de. fr . us, check whois for previous owner of co uk ( big bonus if it was them),and others, when they were regged, patterns for changes in registrar, host etc, wayback for previous uses co/uk and others, what they own do they redirect to com or cctld dedicated
Check for forthcoming promotions, launches expansion announcement, new products, if there getting stalls at uk trade shows, uk offices etc ?

Bit strange as prev registered they’d not purchased or at least enquired whilst in suspension, a DRS then as if someone’s letting it drop might have a high chance they’d not defend or would be pleased to negotiate a sale ? but waited for it too drop then ask a broker? Do check the brokers not some numb nuts who thinks it’s the green light to offer it to TM ( if they are not behind enquiry that is ) and does so telling them he’s been instructed by to do so by you? Seen that a few times with idiots who think there brokers ?

This one turned in to a very nice and unexpected £2300+VAT sale, for a domain I threw in my catch list and had no expectations for. I asked the buyer if I could report the sale but they asked me not too - I get the impression that they weren't in fact acting for the TM holder, but bought the domain for the precise reason of approaching them themselves! Fair play if they can get a profit on it.

Just goes to show, even when the big boys are hoovering up the obvious premiums, there are always little gems worth taking a punt on the for the £5 reg fee.

Just goes to show, even when the big boys are hoovering up the obvious premiums, there are always little gems worth taking a punt on the for the £5 reg fee.

Hurrah! Congratulations on your nice sale, it's always great to see people making them!!

Congrats on the sale.
Just out of curiosity how did the sale negations go and how did you initially respond plus what was their comeback?

This one turned in to a very nice and unexpected £2300+VAT sale, for a domain I threw in my catch list and had no expectations for. I asked the buyer if I could report the sale but they asked me not too - I get the impression that they weren't in fact acting for the TM holder, but bought the domain for the precise reason of approaching them themselves! Fair play if they can get a profit on it.

Who were they? I'd like to know because I have a list of known front entities and who their puppeteers are.

(from iPad - K)

Who were they? I'd like to know because I have a list of known front entities and who their puppeteers are.

(from iPad - K)
He's hardly likely to tell you just so you're able to augment your 'list'. Notice also that he's agreed confidentiality. You do surprise me sometimes with your absurd suggestions.

He's hardly likely to tell you just so you're able to augment your 'list'. Notice also that he's agreed confidentiality. You do surprise me sometimes with your absurd suggestions.

People tell me all sorts of things Dale, regardless of what they post here in public. They asked him not to report the sale which might not extend to stating who they were, in private.

(from iPhone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom