Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Upcoming Dan changes

I emailed their support and all they had to say is the proceess successfully deletes thosuands of domains that are no longer registered so there's no issue here, sorry it's causing you a daily headache but we won't be looking any further into it. Ticket closed.
This has been going on for years. Other people have also talked about this issue on Acorn.
I've personally opened a ticked and explained the problem to them, but got a similar response. They don't care.

As far as I can tell, their system is very, very poorly designed.
For example today I got their "Account Maintenance Check" notification to inform me that <rcc.uk> was removed.
But this domain is live today and was renewed almost a month ago (01/09/2023), but it was past its expiry date (22/06/2024) at that time. So their system has a delayed processing of some sorts.

During a routine Account Maintenance Check, we noticed that you have one or more domains listed with Sedo that are not currently registered.
Since the domain(s) in question are not active and therefore cannot be traded or parked through Sedo, we've removed them from your Sedo account.

To ensure the quality of Sedo's marketplace, we will be conducting frequent Account Maintenance Checks for all Sedo accounts. This increased awareness of the domains listed on Sedo will allow our team to detect and remove any expired domains from our site.
Please review the domains below which are ones that have been deleted from Sedo's marketplace:

rcc.uk

Although Account Maintenance Checks are conducted regularly, we encourage you to keep track of the domains you have listed for sale with Sedo. This will circumvent domains being removed automatically without your knowledge from our marketplace moving forward.
If you have further questions, please contact our http://support.sedo.co.uk.
Best Regards,

Your Sedo Team
Customer Support - UK/International

Unfortunately I've also started getting similar notifications from Dan as well. Far fewer though.
They too delete domains that are suspended. I've emailed them as well and got a similar response.

The only solution to this is probably to never let your domains expire...

Yes I get the same issue on dan.com with suspended domains which is frustrating however at the time of deletion they are actually suspended vs sedo who are deleting domains that perhaps were suspended at some point but were renewed months ago ( a quick check shows me one domain I renewed on 1st Aug and it was deleted over the weekend just past). So yeah it's one hell of a delayed process!

Dissapointing to hear that it's been going on for years then, tbh I had my reservations about moving back to Sedo as I didn't exactly have fond memories of using them many years ago but it's sad to see they haven't improved one bit.

So it's been around 6 weeks now, just wondering how people are finding either having stayed with Dan or having moved to somewhere like Sedo?

I had a couple of sales remaining on dan.com but it's been very quiet since, zero offers. Normally i'd have a trickle of offers come in. It's still bugging me seeing all my domains listed in dollars, I just can't get comfortable with it so might still move to Sedo but was wondering how people are finding it there?

I've stuck with Dan and actually not noticed much of a difference. Although I'd actually switched to USD before the forced change because of the afternic connection.

August - One sale ($3,700 after negotiation) plus one serious ~$3k lead but we didn't go for it as we wanted a bit more
September - One sale ($1,450 after negotiation) plus a couple of offers that were way too low

We probably average between 1 and 3 sales a month via dan, plus a couple more enquiries, so the above doesn't seem too different to me.

So i've had a while to trest the waters over at Sedo now and quite frankly I'm very dissapointed. The one sale I had there was extremely slow (2.5 weeks to finally receive payment after it was made and lots of chasing vs the usual 24 to 48 hours from dan.com).

However now their systems perform daily WHOIS checks to see if domains in your portfolio are still registred and deletes any that aren't. Fair enough, except it is now deleting domains from my portfolio there on a daily basis that are clearly still registered, sometimes it's just one other times it's 8 in one day. It is very time consuming having to re-add the domains, assign them the correct sales page (which is a slow multi stage process on Sedo) and figure out the individual pricing for each individual domain that i've already previously added. I emailed their support and all they had to say is the proceess successfully deletes thosuands of domains that are no longer registered so there's no issue here, sorry it's causing you a daily headache but we won't be looking any further into it. Ticket closed. Their system has deleted 30% of my portfolio on there now and they couldn't care less that i'm having to spin plates constantly re-adding them every day.

Anyone else on sedo having this same issue?

So yeah time to move back to dan.com :/ Interetsed to see what brandable might have to offer once it's properly launched.

Yes I am fed up with this too. You'd think Sedo would have fixed this by now. Pretty stupid error - deleting domains based on what the whois said 2 or 3 months ago. I think I'll have to move ours back to Dan - I had only moved over a couple of hundred - so pleased I didn't waste any more time.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom