Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Upcoming Dan changes

slowly moving my domains to Sedo now. Is there a way of bulk updating the landing pages to v3 / 4 so I don't have to do them all individually?

and did you guys establish which nameservers are best to use?

I'm currently going with:

ns1.sedoparking.com
ns2.sedoparking.com

Pain in the $$$ having to reprice everything as on dan.com they are all in dollars now of course.

Last edited:
I found the ns1.sedoparking.com best to use. I tried the other one and it didn't record visitor numbers on some domains. I spoke to sedo customer services today - quickly answered and nice chat. He said offer information (the bespoke info you can write about yourself/the domain) only appears on domains with 'make offer'. So I'm just leaving them 'buy now' and not worrying about that appearing. Told him about dan's changes and to expect uplift in uk domains coming back to sedo.

I found the ns1.sedoparking.com best to use. I tried the other one and it didn't record visitor numbers on some domains. I spoke to sedo customer services today - quickly answered and nice chat. He said offer information (the bespoke info you can write about yourself/the domain) only appears on domains with 'make offer'. So I'm just leaving them 'buy now' and not worrying about that appearing. Told him about dan's changes and to expect uplift in uk domains coming back to sedo.

Thanks Nigel.

Yes I imagine Sedo will be glad of the new business! Glad to hear the customer service was good.

slowly moving my domains to Sedo now. Is there a way of bulk updating the landing pages to v3 / 4 so I don't have to do them all individually?

In the "My Domains" section, find the drop down at the top "Change your view:" and select "Parking Optimization".

You can then click the pencil icon on the Layout column to select them all, or some at a time.

Hope that helps, just been through the same.

In the "My Domains" section, find the drop down at the top "Change your view:" and select "Parking Optimization".

You can then click the pencil icon on the Layout column to select them all, or some at a time.

Hope that helps, just been through the same.

Thankyou, that's a great help! The interface is definetely a bit clunkier than dans but what can you do.

I'm going to give it another month or so on Dan before moving back to Sedo, just out of interest too see what, if any, offers come in.

I believe you can use PayPal, on Sedo and this is v reasonable cost wise for buyer & seller.

@diablo, have you got a screenshot of what my domain is showing as, please?

It shows like this for me:

View attachment 3916

I am also looking at moving all mine from Dan back to Sedo (didn't think I ever would as was very happy with Dan)/

However I cannot see how you get a "buy now" PLUS "make offer" option. I've tried everything I can think of and it is only the one or the other

I am also looking at moving all mine from Dan back to Sedo (didn't think I ever would as was very happy with Dan)/

However I cannot see how you get a "buy now" PLUS "make offer" option. I've tried everything I can think of and it is only the one or the other

Step by step instructions on how to set your domains for sale to Buy Now or Best Offer:
  1. Log into your account and select My Sedo > My Account select Account Settings under the Sales Settings part.
  2. Select and tick the box which says 'I want to accept offers on my Buy Now listings'. (You can apply this setting to all the domains in your portfolio or domains in a certain price range.)
  3. There are other settings where you can automatically reject offers that are too low and set a % of the sales price as the minimum offer. Select any of these options as you wish.
  4. After you have selected your desired settings, hit the green button 'save changes'.

https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-press/newsroom/cant-decide-between-buy-now-or-make-offer/

Just sold a domain via sedo, forgot how clunky the transfer process is. That is one of the things i will miss about Dan they took care of the transfer with the end user.

Step by step instructions on how to set your domains for sale to Buy Now or Best Offer:
  1. Log into your account and select My Sedo > My Account select Account Settings under the Sales Settings part.
  2. Select and tick the box which says 'I want to accept offers on my Buy Now listings'. (You can apply this setting to all the domains in your portfolio or domains in a certain price range.)
  3. There are other settings where you can automatically reject offers that are too low and set a % of the sales price as the minimum offer. Select any of these options as you wish.
  4. After you have selected your desired settings, hit the green button 'save changes'.

https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-press/newsroom/cant-decide-between-buy-now-or-make-offer/

Many thanks, working now, I just assumed it was a per domain setting. Just have to transfer 500+ domains now!

Just sold a domain via sedo, forgot how clunky the transfer process is. That is one of the things i will miss about Dan they took care of the transfer with the end user.

well done on the sale. Yes I can't even remember how the transfer process at Sedo works but I can see a few sales being lost due to customers not accepting the transfer etc resulting in no payment. At least at dan.com payment is guaranteed as they always deal with the transfer.

I'm having probelms with my domains resolving at Sedo just now, I'm receiving a "The content of the page cannot be displayed" message on my pages and not recevied a reply from support yet to explain whats going on.

Ah why did dan.com have to ruin a good thing?!

Well done with the sale - I forgot about sedo transfers - they were fiddly. Did sedo give you buyer's email address to set up transfer with nominet in normal way and did buyer pay the transfer fee. With our own tag I assume you could ask for buyers reg details, email address and choice of registrar and then do transfer and change tag.

Yea the old fashioned way, its fine when it goes smooth, but sometimes buyers gets confused when selecting ips tag etc...

Was a outbound sale i just used sedo to handle the payment and transfer.

great - was outbound done by telephone or email? how many people did you contact? did you set a 'buy now' price on sedo?

any info greatly appreciated

Email, probably around 25 companies. BIN price, i should of used there escrow service for a cheaper rate.

great - was outbound done by telephone or email? how many people did you contact? did you set a 'buy now' price on sedo?

any info greatly appreciated

Email, probably around 25 companies. BIN price, i should of used there escrow service for a cheaper rate.

you probably did right thing with BIN - helps focus the mind of recipients - don't want competitors getting it

I was looking at some old sedo sales and did see one where transfer was not being completed by the buyer and sedo requested that we set the transfer up to them, using a sedo email address. I assume they also paid nominet fee on that one (perhaps they invoiced the buyer for this later). Perhaps they would be willing to match dan's efficient transfer service by allowing transfer to a tag they control.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom