Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Update on Summit

Discussion in 'Domain Summit' started by Helmuts, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Helmuts

Helmuts AcornDomains.co.uk ★★★★★

Thank you, Andrew.

Next year, there is a scheduled Awards/Gala event scheduled for the first day, which falls on August 20th. Location undecided yet (the funding will be a major factor here). Events pros of this level (whom I am consulting with) are all unanimous - we have to do the most important part (such as gala/awards) in the evening of day 1.

The exclusive dinner is planned on the day 3 (August 22nd). Currently the plan is to have it on one of the City Cruises ships, exclusively secured for us (planning phase - lots of unknow chess pieces here).

The evening of day 2: networking drinks and party.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. deleted7/10/23 United Kingdom

deleted7/10/23 Banned

NC traditionally was at the start of the year, when hotels, travel etc were considerably cheaper and didn't clash with other events

It moved to summer(ish) as part of the shift away from Vegas and the (hopefuly temporary) merging with NC-Europe
    After last year they acknowledged summer period was a bad time to hold it - it'll probably stay Q2 or maybe go back to Q1 (which the bulk of the paying attendees preferred) so as not to be too close to CF in Rust

The huge increase in numbers this years was due to handing out free tickets for 'cloudfest usa' - signficantly more than half the attendees didn't pay the (from) $399 for a ticket - the event lasted 5 days in total (albeit the Sat was social and pre-arranged meetups) - this also let there be a few more 'domain adjacent' sponsors rather than just registries/parkers/reseller-systems and godaddy.

You obviously don' go to UK events much then ;) I can go to More4 in AMS cheaper than something at the NEC !

The "heavier" more focussed content tends to make it more of a trade thing than a b2b/bsc type show though.

NC-Europe managed about 400 attendees, *very* 2ndary domain focussed and was cheaper than the proposed next-year-summit pricing.

I was unaware there even was a paid option - when I booked my ticket that didnt show to me.

However it's tiny (in both population and domaining position).

For me the schedule is the real "pulling" force of a B2B event - most of the exhibitors have their own or I see at other events anyway - IT.com have been everywhere the last few years, OX I see all the time, C/NIC, Sedo etc are already suppliers ...

I said the same thing at the summit - what it was missing was a sale (poss supporting some charities) of domains.

More talks (slightly shorter) with more of a "training" focus would be my suggestion to draw more people - so they get "ongoing value" from attending.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Helmuts

Helmuts AcornDomains.co.uk ★★★★★