Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Using a fake registrant name

Reaction score
I have an adult domain and have had it for 5 or 6 years but not done anything with it. I'm not going to say what it is because this isn't the adult section - this is more of a general query.

I have Whois privacy protection on, but still feel uncomfortable having my name as the registrant name. Is using a fake registrant name a definite no-no? I'm guessing so, but just want to check if it's something people with adult domains do.

If Nominet can't validate the whois data against a third party source, they'll suspend the domain. If you're choosing not to publish whois, then it can't be seen by anybody except you and your registrar, so no reason to use false details.

If Nominet can't validate the whois data against a third party source, they'll suspend the domain. If you're choosing not to publish whois, then it can't be seen by anybody except you and your registrar, so no reason to use false details.

Be careful as anyone who has a reason to need to know the legal registrant can apply to Nominet who will release the information and email both parties to show who asked and who it's registered to in the same email. Happened to me when I got a trademark by accident in the ROR release. They quoted Section 8 of the Nominet Ts&Cs

Cheers
James

Thanks, yes. I should have mentioned, this is a gTLD (.pics) but I assume the same applies?

Not necessarily. Different registrar,different rules. You'll probably find most of the new gTLDs are a lot more relaxed.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom