Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What are your thoughts on NN .co.uk names?

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on NN .co.uk names? .. for example, 06.co.uk or 47.co.uk (random names)

Namebio:
b9XztPd.png

Think they were both mine, 44 definitely was, but thats the country code. The years they were sold tell you how popular they are I think.

Edit: I did post a while ago but my posts are vetted, I’m obviously an undesirable:)

Last edited:
Think they were both mine, 44 definitely was, but thats the country code. The years they were sold tell you how popular they are I think.

44 was a sale 2 years ago - did it go for a set price? do you have many NN .co.uk?

thank you

--

Edit: I did post a while ago but my posts are vetted, I’m obviously an undesirable:)

hmmm... strange one.. I am not sure that we can restore deleted threads.. shouldn't repeat, as long as the posts are friendly and not spam

.. you seem to always be a top man :)

Best!
H

44 was a sale 2 years ago - did it go for a set price? do you have many NN .co.uk?

thank you

--

hmmm... strange one.. I am not sure that we can restore deleted threads.. shouldn't repeat, as long as the posts are friendly and not spam

.. you seem to always be a top man :)

Best!
H
You're welcome H. I sold 44.co.uk many years ago, can't remember if it was negotiation or buy now.

My problem is not regarding deleted threads but when I try and post, my messages show "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Just makes it difficult if trying to respond to a thread in a timely manner, as the post is further down the thread after being granted moderator approval.

I do not post spam and am very friendly :)

Just checked and I did sell 44.co.uk for £2000 on 2006-09-19 and the 2010-04-14 sale of 74.co.uk is also mine.

Just my opinion but I can't see them selling for that much now.

Just checked and I did sell 44.co.uk for £2000 on 2006-09-19 and the 2010-04-14 sale of 74.co.uk is also mine.

Just my opinion but I can't see them selling for that much now.

have you seen this one? https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/search/companies?q=44

.. over 2500 companies have "44" in their name

nhucWvA.png

---

or, 602 active/open companies
ref: https://find-and-update.company-inf...lvedToDay=&dissolvedToMonth=&dissolvedToYear=

XoNhbHS.png

--

could it be just us ignoring the opportunity staring us in the face? :?

Never seen the value, but would love 87.co.uk as it’s my year of birth. There are some obvious exceptions, like 88.co.uk or something.

What are your thoughts on NN .co.uk names? .. for example, 06.co.uk or 47.co.uk (random names)

Namebio:
b9XztPd.png

I don't particularly like them and wouldn't buy any to sell on myself, but there appears to be be an end user market for them but mainly in the 20s:

20.co.uk
21.co.uk
23.co.uk
24.co.uk

None of the 40s appear to be used.

I had the same problem earlier, but appears to have been resolved now.

I can’t find the shock/horror emoji!

:D :D .. the idea of corporate membership is much more..

Let us say, SEDO, CentralNIC or GoDaddy buys corporate membership. What it gets them:
1) live-feed banner (like Flip is getting now from us in the sidebar free of charge). And the ad space is limited.
2) all their employees at Acorn will be promoted to corporate members showing their belonging to Sedo > this ads trust and eliminates copycats and possible fraud
3) and, all their members will get free signatures

.. this is for large companies, not individual domainers, who need to establish their presence at main domainer communities.

Will these sell? I do think so > the same as domain names > these need outbounding.

Bonus: once a company takes a corporate membership > we will see more users coming in and even more diverse community. Winners will be everybody.

Is it still expensive? :)

Yes, in my opinion.

I can't remember the last time Sedo posted here. Also, I can't see either them or Nominet paying £2,500, but I wish you luck with your plans.

I would also consider offering a monthly subscription with the Elite membership, things seem to be changing quickly here, and some may like to see how developments progress before committing to an annual payment.

My post was awaiting moderation too for some reason. Wasn't sure if it was a per-thread option

I would also consider offering a monthly subscription with the Elite membership, things seem to be changing quickly here, and some may like to see how developments progress before committing to an annual payment.

@Admin could we come up with a monthly plan as well? (yes, I do remember what said about the monthly plans before) :) Thank you!

My post was awaiting moderation too for some reason. Wasn't sure if it was a per-thread option

Yes, it was a misconfiguration in settings. Fixed it as soon as I realized that now I need to approve almost every post :D

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom