Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

¡Hola!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Carlos, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Carlos Mexico

Carlos Active Member

Hi, I'm Carlos from Mexico.

I have been in domaining for a while now but mainly with spanish domains.
    I think that my best domain is bajardepeso.com(weight loss in spanish), the only english domain i have today is veggie.net, but i'm trying to learn more about the english market because it has a lot more movement.

My worst domains were garbage registered in exotic extensions like .ws, .cc, .tk, etc. I don't regret having them because it was part of my learning process but they are all gone now. :p

Anyway, hope to see you around.
    Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Carlos...good intro. Would be interested to know what you think of some of my spanish donains... some are .com and some are .es

3. Carlos Mexico

Carlos Active Member

Sure, i would like to see them. I think that the spanish domain market is having a rough time after some years of relative good numbers (nothing near the english market).
    The only extensions that continue with decent performance are .com and .es, .mx is a far third place and the rest of latinamerican cctld's are almost dead except for ultra premium keywords.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Great, I'm a bit surprised you deal with .es ...are they used in South America, I had thought they would only be used in Spain. I have e.g.

moneda.es (currency)
    helado.es (ice cream)
    prestamosdirectos.es (loans direct)
    segurocasa.es
    segurodemovil.es
    seguromovil.es
    tiendadecoche.es

And .com's like

cochesseguro.com
    pisosparticular.com
    prestamoonline.com
    psicolog.com
    real-madrid.com

y mucho mas.

5. Carlos Mexico

Carlos Active Member

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the extensions with better sales in spanish. For websurfing, in latinamerica we mostly use .com and the particular cctld of the country.
    Your domains are nice but as for today the spanish market is moving very little so if you are not planning on developing them, I see difficult to sell them, except maybe for moneda.es and helado.es :oops:
    Are you from Spain?