Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-Reg Charge For TAG Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I must have got it wrong, just logged in to a friends 123-Reg account to transfer a domain away, and they want £9.99+VAT to change the TAG?

I thought exit fees had died years ago, apparently not!

Search the forum, they can deactivate the charge on accounts if you go via customer service, but yeah franky if you stay with Host Europe of any of his companies your kinda asking to be abused.

GET AWAY FROM THEM!

Seems to be making a reintroduction, Daily added a £5 charge recently for the same :(

I must have got it wrong, just logged in to a friends 123-Reg account to transfer a domain away, and they want £9.99+VAT to change the TAG?

I thought exit fees had died years ago, apparently not!

123-reg has sadly given up on customer service in favour of extracting profits

Disappointing. I'm currently unable to find a reference to this charge on their web site. Can you? :)

I can't find the email announcing the change (it was a few months ago), but this is the message when you select the option to change the TAG for a domain:

"There is a small charge of £4.99 to transfer your domain to another provider. However, before performing this operation please be aware that once the IPS/Registrar TAG has been changed all the services which you have enjoyed from daily.co.uk will cease to operate. This may result in loss of email, email forwarding, web forwarding or visibility of your website."

I expect you were hoping I'd not be able to find this ;)

I was hoping you would be able to find something that was available to anyone who'd yet to sign up as one of their customers and transfer domain names to their tag. Something upfront about this charge. Seems not. :(

Not specifically what you asked for, but I can't actually find anything myself for perspective customers. More concerning is this page, which states all the services below are free and includes ISPTAG changes. A customer would be in for a nasty surprise when they sign up and find this isn't true:

https://www.daily.co.uk/products/domain-names/domain-name-transfer.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom