Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A few end user sales:

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by Federer, Feb 29, 2016.

1. RobM

RobM Retired Member

I would say if an SEO company is not committing fraud and you pay for their services then that is both of your businesses. I don't know why it seems to bother you so much.

2. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Then I suppose there's no point me trying to explain (sums up this whole thread pretty well lol), perhaps my emotional intelligence is too high.

3. RobM

RobM Retired Member

4. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

5. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

Ok so a bit like saying a Peta supporter thinks there is a difference/more acceptable for a person to walk into a shop to buy leather shoes instead of someone approaching someone to buy leather shoes?

Honestly I am very surprised at your views and approach in this thread,

Federer openly posted the email he sends to prospective buyers, it isn't misleading in any shape or form, and he also isn't responsible if someone decides to buy a name and doesn't use it.

Don't be bitter, be better.

6. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you don't understand the point I'm trying to make; that or you're just very bad at analogies lol

You and Rob have both hinted this is coming from a place of jealousy

Do you honestly think I look at £100 sales and go "wowww :( why can't I do that" and then it turns to "grrrr I'm angry"

I suppose you don't know anything about me so I shouldn't be insulted, but it's still kind of insulting :rolleyes:

7. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Let's all get along - this was quite a constructive thread I thought :)

I'll leave Homer to correct you on jealousy though :)

[​IMG]

8. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Learn something new everyday :p thanks

9. domainseller200 United Kingdom

I fully expected everyone else to clearly see the analogies except for you, as after all, you are the one not seeing what you are saying or how you are coming across.

As you said, I don't know anything about you so how could I honestly know if you are angry or not :rolleyes:

But what I do know is, that what you are saying to Federer IS insulting and totally goes against yourself being a seller of keyword domains (yeah, yeah, there are keyword domains and there are key word domains)

Who are we to judge why people buy them? :rolleyes:

10. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

From re-reading through just Murray's contributed posts, for a moment, it seems to me that he dislikes most of the domain names being marketed by Federer because he doesn't consider them to meet a quality he himself aspires to market. He's already listed reasons why he believes these domain names have little to no value when used. It may be that he considers the outbound approach to be that of a doorstep salesman selling something to people he may believe have little understanding of what they're purchasing and so may purchase simply "to be on the safe side" by not wanting to turn down an opportunity to acquire a domain name that initially appears slightly more attractive than the other unattractive domain(s) he may consider they may already own.

11. invincible

and

Less naivety because...?

Don't forget the Nominet Member Webinar at 3pm. Still time to sign up. :)

12. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

These were your analogies

I'm not against selling keyword domains

I'm not against contacting end users

It's this mixture: rubbish keyword domain + contacting end users

So how do these analogies fit?

Who started this thread?

Was the thread started to have a discussion?

You aren't interested as to why people buy domains? surprising.

13. domainseller200 United Kingdom

[​IMG]

Have a nice day Murray :rolleyes:

14. spiderspider

spiderspider Active Member

The lucky buggers :)

Great sales there Fed. Keep up the good work )

In any industry, there will be those who just sell the premium product, those in the middle, and those at the bottom. No one forces anyone to buy anything, and selling at the bottom end of the market is often harder than selling at the top.

Well done for showing the EMDs still have a place in the world :)

15. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I knew you were wrong, you've just realised you're wrong, at least we're on the same page now.

16. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Value is entirely subjective. 100% subjective. What is rubbish to you, won't be to someone else.

If buyers were being forced to buy domain names I would see your point, but they are not. They choose whether to respond to emails selling domain names. And if a deal is done, it means the buyer sees value where you presumably would not.

17. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

LMAO domainseller.

Yes, different strokes for different folks. Price and quality variation, supply and demand, it's all what makes a market.

Murray has an opinion on the OP's strategy which seemingly everyone else disagrees with, fine, we've done it to death now :). Move on, peace and love, we are all beautiful in some way :)

18. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Whether the domains sold are any good or not is the buyer's problem - I don't really have a problem with that. Fed's are a mixed bag, but then we've all been there...

It's how poor domains get sold via outreach I was interested in discussing. Where there's a strategy to suggest that a simple 301 might bring SEO benefits (when it won't), I think that's a disingenuous approach.

My reading of Murray's comments was that he was trying to say something similar. Murray?

19. ian

ian Well-Known Member

My interpretation of what Murray said also; I think this has been blown out of proportion and remember guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

20. invincible

Murray appeared to detail his opinion sufficiently for me here.