20i Reseller Hosting

A massive "thank you"!

Discussion in '.UK Domain Name Consultations' started by Edwin, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nigel United Kingdom

Nigel Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

and thanks to you too admin. Without acorndomains there wouldn't have been the co-ordinated opposition to v1 and v2 that was so important in making nominet change their minds.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

Big Thanks

Without Acorn threads of debate, new angles, observations, answers, links, updates and issues being raised the members,
    Nominet I believe would have been able to slip .uk through as they wanted it.
    As who was there to question Nominet and bring it too account and explain the issues and expose the situation to a wider audience, with a more complete picture.

Pleased that Edwin came back to V2 with a vengeance after being forced out of Acorn debate by some cruel and unjustified comments. Also I have always believed without his massive efforts on V1 to prove Nominet wrong, it may have all gone in a different direction.

I feel there been some very articulate people at Acorn and beyond who provided the reasoned arguments on what needed changing in the .uk Nominet proposal and why.

There were also a lot of people I have come across outside Acorn, who have done Freedom of Information requests, created websites, blogged, tweeted, countless emails to DCMS, MP's and other organizations to make them aware that the Nominet proposals needed scrutiny and should not just be allowed to go through, because Nominet are a nice company.

I'm pleased my MP Caroline Nokes got involved, her V2 feedback can be seen here
    http://nominet.nomensa.com/SLDconsultation/results/caroline-noakes
    she also brought the matter to the attention of DCMS, which after seeing Ed Vaizey MP several times giving unswerving support for Nominet on .uk, was really necessary.

Finally a mention and thanks to all the long suffering wife's/partners, who have had to endure, the .uk debate second hand over the last year!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  4. WalkinDude United Kingdom

WalkinDude Active Member

You all deserve a pint. Well done!!!

5. StoneRoses United Kingdom

StoneRoses Active Member

Just wanted to give my thanks to all, it really is some community the .co.uk space, although the whole saga never really affected me as i have only a handful of .co.uk names ,none of which i run a business on or what you would call premium names but nonetheless one can't fail to be impressed with the time & work many on here put into this.

Hats off to you all.

6. Blake United Kingdom

Blake Active Member

Edwin, you are a star !

7. WealdDomains United Kingdom

WealdDomains Active Member

Thank you from me too,
    David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.