Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Advice For Double Barrelled Solicitor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Making enemies by Jay Daley

Everyone makes enemies unintentionally. Someone says something you strongly disagree with, you respond a bit too quickly and before you know it things have gone pear-shaped.

What I find much harder to understand is why some people go out of their way to make enemies. In particular control freak managers. These are, after all, generally risk-averse and rational people so why should they do something that seems to only cause problems?

The people they make enemies of appear to be those that resist or defy them, or possibly even just disagree with them. On the surface this looks like straightforward ego, which surprises me since surely they would have their ego under control.

But I’ve begun to realise that this may be an inescapable side effect of being a control freak.

For the rest of us, if we encounter someone who strongly disagrees then we try to find out what their position is. We share our position and this starts the process of discussion, negotiation and dialogue. Crucially the end result of this process is often a new position that both can accept - in essence a compromise.

However, to a control freak this is basically failure. The whole point about being a control freak is that they have their position and that is that. Negotiation and compromise are alien concepts. If anything they are a sign of weakness.

So when presented with a person who refuses to bow to the control, no matter what techniques are used, then this elicits a response of “does not compute”. This person is then quickly labelled as an enemy and the backup process of isolating and discrediting them begins.

But deliberately making enemies is a very risky strategy. Career paths are completely unpredictable and someone you make an enemy of today is someone you may be beholden to tomorrow.

Source: http://controlfreak.net/2007/05/07/making-enemies/

is it me or is every one of your posts rubbish bin material :confused:

do you not have anything better to do with your time?

no offence intended, of course :)

is it me or is every one of your posts rubbish bin material :confused:

do you not have anything better to do with your time?

no offence intended, of course :)

Take a pineapple and shove it up your you . No swearing, well stop like this being an . . you know where the ignore button is, use it, .

Last edited:
wow that's a first, a domainer chav :mrgreen:

shut it and get dressed.

Last edited:
Nice find Lee! :) - And I feel our man Jay has hit the nail squarely on the head! ;)

And defo NOT "rubbish bin material" in my book! :mrgreen:

Regards,

Sneezy.

Do we have to see this sort of thing every time someone upsets you Lee, No offence but I for one could do without it :(

Last edited:
Do we have to see this sort of thing every time someone upsets you Lee, No offence but I for one could do without it :(

Don't you think I could do without the harassment and abuse as well? One rule for one.. delete the response, admin already said, don't like something then use the ignore button, why start getting abusive? you get it ten times in return.

Lee

Right, I've used the complaint button, hopefully this will get resolved, use the ignore button in future. Who do these people think they are, they don't know you but seek to have a go. keyboard warriors.

Lee

Right, I've used the complaint button, hopefully this will get resolved, use the ignore button in future. Who do these people think they are, they don't know you but seek to have a go. keyboard warriors.

Lee

jesus, i wish you would head back to gaydar and keep this forum relevant and free of rabble.

Reactions: rob
Woohoo on ignore, ta la (smiley) go and annoy someone else and make their day. if you don't understand a post, try not replying, if you don't like a user, click ignore, that's where I put you.

Lee

Apologies for posts before I regained control, it's just it's 90F here again and being abused is the last thing I need as the heat is unbearable, I've one meal left in the fridge for tomorrow and I'm running out of still drink - for some reason they don't drink the water here and I've kinda followed suit, roll on money in the bank tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope the person next door stops drilling as well, I got tooth ache and that aint helping.

Lee

Lee

You could always try a localised proceedure known as "trepanning". The proceedure entails exposing the dura mater in order to treat health problems related to intracranial diseases (In lay mans language "madness")..

Well they do say mad dogs and English men stay out in the sun!! :mrgreen: ;)

Lee

You could always try a localised proceedure known as "trepanning". The proceedure entails exposing the dura mater in order to treat health problems related to intracranial diseases (In lay mans language "madness")..

Well they do say mad dogs and English men stay out in the sun!! :mrgreen: ;)

To be honest, the madness was always a lot saner when I had football once a week to get it all out of my system. But we grow up and we behave ourselves. People do get away with murder though, they make comments etc and there's no real recompense but five seconds of "hold it hold it and put the bugger on ignore and then cooly walk off into the 90F sun again"

You know as well as I do, the person instigating the wind up is often more at fault than the person who is expected and required to reply with profanities but once is enough, on ignore now, just got to wait for the next village idiot now but hopefully next time I'll respond better and I thought the article was good (especially considering who it was by and the time it was written), not my find though, it was passed to me.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom