Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

anime.co.uk + .uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Simsil64, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Simsil64 United Kingdom

Simsil64 New Member

Hi All,

Any thoughts please on valuation for these two ?

Thanks in advance

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. PaulK

PaulK Well-Known Member

i don't think domaining is for you!

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  4. Lucky Luke United Kingdom

Lucky Luke Active Member

oooh, that's a bit of a harsh reply to a first time poster...

Is anime//co//uk or anime//uk worth anything? Absolutely, but it's hard to say how much...

There is a large interest in anime within the uk (semrush shows 90k UK searches per month), so it really depends on how someone would use the domain name.

This site does well: http://uk-anime.net/

so I reckon anime//uk (my personal view would be to point the .co.uk to the uk) could be pretty good too once developed.

undeveloped? No idea as it depends on who is interested at the time and where you advertise it. I am constantly surprised by what fetches good money and what doesn't.

5. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Anime is a growing interest area, but generally quite a young (or geeky male perhaps!) audience?

It's a nice name and has good potential. £xxx to £x,xxx for an end user sale. Or a good project to develop if you have an interest in the subject matter.

Edit - nicely aged name too.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. TallBloke

TallBloke Active Member

I'd say that's got to be of interest to the anime audience.

Daughters school fellow students are into it and there's an anime club at the (senior) school so I don't think it's just for males. Lots of interest in this/comic-con/etc from what I gather.

Maybe worth more if you're interested enough to develop it.

Good luck.

7. PaulK

PaulK Well-Known Member

Maybe my post was a bit harsh, it was based on "will you sell it / will you develop it" - i doubt either will happen.

i hope you prove me wrong.

8. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Could do very well as a site in the hands of a real otaku, the sort of person who subscribes to CrunchyRoll and has a visit to Akihabara on their bucket list if they've not made the pilgrimage already...

But is it going to do well in a reseller's market, somewhere like Domainlore? Probably not.

9. grandwizard

grandwizard Guest

I will Take Both for £20 pm me if you want to get Rid.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  10. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Worth bearing in mind too that the long tail on this subject is very long...

Hundreds (thousands?) of anime shows have been released outside of Japan, many of which have dozens or hundreds of episodes each. So for somebody who really knows the subject matter inside and out, the entire SEO footprint for anime is going to be into the millions of searches a month when you start to think along the lines of show titles, major characters etc.

But again all of this is for nothing if you're not part of that world - anime fans will see straight through you if you set up a site populated by shallow content respun from wikipedia...

11. Simsil64 United Kingdom

Simsil64 New Member

Thanks for all the responses - much appreciated. I tend to agree with Edwin that it has potential but really needs someone who knows that world well to develop it.