Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone mind having a look

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by dee, Jun 5, 2017.

1. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

Hi all

Okay. So ive been using Parking Crew for a long time and never impressed with results. Ive recently been using domain manage with much better enquiry rates and it works well. However, i'm trying to make the most of any traffic and think i can get better results using my own parking than parking crew.

This is what ive come up with. Basic wordpress install. The domains are forwarded ( via domain manage...i havent set up my own name servers and i like the stats) to their own post. It means i can put up enough content to not break advert T & C and I still get any leads and hopefully better results from any clicks . Only have a few domains on there at mo but any glaring mistakes ? Here's an example of one of my domains.

http://quantumcomputers.uk

Any insights / general slag offs gratefully received. Each domain has a contact form with its own subject header etc.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. lazarus

lazarus Super Moderator Staff Member

Just another solution, Myself and a few others on here use Domain Broker from themeforest
    Domain Broker 2

This can contain custom text on the domain page.

Here is a few example pages on my domain broker install
    genepool.co.uk
    bikeforum.co.uk

Easy to set up and configure and only 15 quid one off

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  4. dee

Cheers @lazarus . Yep. Its a similar sort of idea to the one on domain manage which worked really well and had a few contacts / leads from there. I'm trying to use the additional content though to possibly get some revenue from ads. Even on P crew I was up into high double figures monthly , so hoping to improve that as im sure they dont split in your favour probably. Trouble is to do that you have to have content and cant just slap ads on a contact page.

Itll take a bit to add all my domains but hopefully itll be worth it. Just figured i was being lazy not trying to maximise any potential income

5. dee

@lazarus Out of interest, im guessing for each domain you have to set up a hosting account on your server and nameservers etc for that template ? Or do you do something clever with a database and referer or something ?

6. lazarus

lazarus Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi, One hosting account then just add a domain forwarder or add on domain (You can use either) within the hosting account.

To get a new domain up and running takes no more than a minute.