Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bought a domain but not in my account anymore!

Reaction score
Hi all, just seeking some advice from some experience members on here.

I bought a .UK domain from someone a member on here last year. The steps were:

1. Agreed a price for domain on here.
2. I paid for the domain.
3. The domain was transferred to me in my name.
4. After speaking to Nominet it looks like the details on the domain were quickly changed to another person and released from my account from my account some how.

I'm not sure how this would happen. I've contacted the member in question without a reply as yet. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Just for clarification, there were 2 domains that Will bought from me, he just reactivated the PM conversation from that time, and I said:

Hi Will

Domains have been released to your tag, thanks for the sale and good luck with the domains.

Cheers,

Kev.

I have replied to Will via email:

Hi Will,

I definitely released both domains to you, and directly after the Nominet message saying release successful, I always check the whois to make sure it's on the buyers tag at that point.

I have it written down on my phone notes as:

xxxxx.uk £xxx
xxxxx.co.uk £xx
(Idn_will paid/released)

I see it's now owned by Jeff, that's Atlas on Acorn, might be worth asking how he got it, as I would have released both domains at the same time, so very weird how you have one and not the other.

Cheers,

Kev.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Sorry guys I think I've had a senile moment. It looks like I sold the domain on Domainlore and forgot about it. Sorry to wase your time. I'm not sure why Nominet mentioned the details had quickly changed which confused me.

You senile old git :D

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom