Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Catching unregistered .uk domains

Reaction score
I'm aware that there's plenty of services available to catch *expiring* domains, but are there any services which will scoop up the .uk as soon as the domain with ROR drops?

If you mean when the remaining ROR drop and the uk free for all starts, then it looks like there may be a staged release by nominet.

Of the ones I've tried, you can only do that if the .uk itself registered and dropping. If the .uk is available, but can't be registered because the .co.uk has ROR, you can't backorder it.

My understanding is that if the .co.uk drops, it loses ROR and the .uk immediately becomes free for all. That's the scenario where I want to grab the .uk, and the catch services I've tried (dropped and ukbackorder) don't seem to cover this. Or did I completely misunderstand how the ROR works?

My site and people using my system *do* cover this.
For example tomorrow 08000287085.co.uk will drop. That has the ROR on the uk. You'll see that if you look it up you can place a backorder on both the co.uk and uk (I wouldn't though it's an awful domain :p)

Doh....just checked the one I was looking at and there's no ROR on it. Ignore me, I quit coffee this week.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom