20i Reseller Hosting

Caught, listed, sold in 24h

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by webber, Feb 15, 2020.

1. webber

webber Active Member

I caught ****.** through a public catcher on Friday morning and didn't do anything about it until Saturday when I added NS, pointed it to a landing page and listed it with the usual selling platforms.
    Within hours I received an offer (the minimum amount I had set) on dan.com and made a significantly bigger counter offer. The buyer promptly accepted the price and made payment straight away.
    Happy chappy!

Now, I'm not the kind to brag about these things.
    The reason I decided to share this is because it highlights, I think, the importance of setting up the domain for sale as soon as you catch it.
    That domain you just caught has momentum – it's likely others, potentially even end-users, were trying to catch the domain as well. Setting up a landing page straight away gives them the ability to easily contact you and make an offer, even if it's a cheeky one.
    I so often see domains without any NS even days after they've been caught.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. 3gmedia United Kingdom

3gmedia Active Member

Great reults for you !

4. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

Very true. It’s so laborious to add nameservers but I must start doing it right away.

5. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

very good point . That and resetting name servers that havent sold on auction sites. Doesnt mean they won't.......