Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Caught, listed, sold in 24h

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by webber, Feb 15, 2020.

1. webber

webber Active Member

I caught ****.** through a public catcher on Friday morning and didn't do anything about it until Saturday when I added NS, pointed it to a landing page and listed it with the usual selling platforms.
    Within hours I received an offer (the minimum amount I had set) on dan.com and made a significantly bigger counter offer. The buyer promptly accepted the price and made payment straight away.
    Happy chappy!

Now, I'm not the kind to brag about these things.
    The reason I decided to share this is because it highlights, I think, the importance of setting up the domain for sale as soon as you catch it.
    That domain you just caught has momentum – it's likely others, potentially even end-users, were trying to catch the domain as well. Setting up a landing page straight away gives them the ability to easily contact you and make an offer, even if it's a cheeky one.
    I so often see domains without any NS even days after they've been caught.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. 3gmedia

3gmedia Active Member

Great reults for you !

4. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

Very true. It’s so laborious to add nameservers but I must start doing it right away.

5. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

very good point . That and resetting name servers that havent sold on auction sites. Doesnt mean they won't.......